Bored Thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rain day.
For the next four days.
I could clear my curing racks and box soap. Not inspired.
Too wet to go out in the gardens. Too late to prune apple trees.

At least I'm retired so I'm not sitting in a RV or motel room waiting for it to dry out.
Send some rain here. We're experiencing a drought apparently. And it's hella hot! Like.. Ugh.. Can't go outside in bare feet. Dustin made the mistake and came running back in hollering "outsh outsh" lol

Send some rain here. We're experiencing a drought apparently. And it's hella hot! Like.. Ugh.. Can't go outside in bare feet. Dustin made the mistake and came running back in hollering "outsh outsh" lol

oh poor boy!! we are in the middle of our first thunder and lightning storm--I love it!!

I could never be bored in a thunder storm, a lighting storm, especially when both are present. Lightening makes me smile and thunder makes me laugh. I adore a good thunder storm!

me too!!! the louder the better!! and since I am renting I no longer have the dread of damage--makes it even more enjoyable

Gah, I HATE renting, LL doesn't care. But yes the fact that I don't have to fix anything is good. Course my guy doesn't care so I told him not to fix anything till I move. He raised the rent so I made him fix a bunch of little things though ;)

Gah, I HATE renting, LL doesn't care. But yes the fact that I don't have to fix anything is good. Course my guy doesn't care so I told him not to fix anything till I move. He raised the rent so I made him fix a bunch of little things though ;)

hahahahaha, same here!! the rent was raised and I am getting things fixed, or trying to. I know I could get a house way cheaper than I am paying here but I don't know if I want the hassle anymore. but it does suck to have to watch everything I do. especially if I want someone to visit for longer than they say without worrying I will get kicked out

We rent, as well. We're in a 4-plex (4 suites in the building). Our landlord lives elsewhere but is often here, puttering around in the yard. We're pretty lucky, really. He'll fix things but he encourages all of us to fix our own issues then give him the receipt. If it's too much for us to fix (i.e. water heater and/or other appliances), he deals with it. And our rent is cheap... as in I doubt we'll be moving any time soon.

Rent in this city is high; a 2 bedroom apartment goes for $1200-$1500 per month. Or higher. We're paying $800 and we have a back yard as well as garden space if we want it. The LL has an empty lot next to the house, which is nice... no neighbours right next door.

Y'all are making me laugh with your coffee, weather, and "bored" stories! :)

I guess my story is more sad than cute, funny, or bored as I've been melancholy lately thinking about my friend.
I miss her so dearly some days it's an actual pain in my heart.
For the first 20 years of our lives (once we met at age 5) we were basically inseparable. For the next 10 we grew apart somewhat due to life taking over - marriage, kids, life in general - and only saw each other a few times every few months. Then she moved out of state for the next 10 years and it was email and facebook mainly. After that she returned home to face breast cancer, and for the last year since she's been gone I just feel lost. My best friend of 45 years, is now just, gone. I mean, yes I have treasured memories that nothing will replace, and I know she is out of pain and in a "better place" I know all that. I just miss her. (I do still write her letters, think about her and yes, I still talk to her, but it is just not the same)

Traveling was always both of our "bucket list" dreams, and now I'm able to travel the world due to the career path I have chosen, and yet she is not with me.
Sometimes the reality of that is so keen it will quite literally take my breath away and cause a physical pain.
Anyway, probably not the purpose of this thread, but I needed to get it out, as today for whatever reason, (maybe she's thinking of me here in Singapore, IDK) I am acutely aware of the loss.

I know how you fee @jcandleattic My Brother died at age 49 in 2010, I still talk to him out loud. I believe in Spirits. The pain can be real and stop you in your tracks some days. It took me 3 years to not hurt.

This post is for anything you want to post. Maybe we should start a Helping thread because sometimes you just want to let it out and others want to help with their wisdom that has helped them ?

My father passed 2 and a half years ago at age 61, which was the first "major" loss I've had in my life. I've lost grandparents and more distant relatives but losing Dad was just different. He was a father of course, a disciplinarian when I was young but as I got older he became a dear friend as well. He's someone I think about every day so I think I can relate at least a little to @jcandleattic. Maybe it's cliched and corny but it was a time when I realized how important my religious faith was to me. At least the way I believe, death is not the worst thing that can happen to a person, it is a transition and one we all must experience eventually. Realizing that soothes the pain.

I just want to see what happens if I insert an emoji from my phone and then view the post on the desktop. Will it recognize it?

Edit: Doesn't look like it did. Oh well. SCIENCE!

Ugh, tell me about it ! I send emoji to DD but her phone is a bit older and doesn't have them so she gets a blank spot.
Too bad, they are cute new ones now !

Slow day at work, so I decided to pop online and check out the brewery list for the beer festival we are going to this coming weekend. OMG. I may need all of next week to recover... Of course I can't just read the list, I have to fall down the rabbit hole of checking out each brewery and looking for the beer descriptions. Now all I need is a map and I'll have our beer tasting planned out.

I know how you fee @jcandleattic My Brother died at age 49 in 2010, I still talk to him out loud. I believe in Spirits. The pain can be real and stop you in your tracks some days. It took me 3 years to not hurt.
@jcandleattic - I'm so sorry. I hope it gets a little less painful with time. I think it's wonderful that you still write her and have such fond memories. I lost a very dear cousin/friend 20 years ago and still think about her.
I am certainly not new to loss. My brother passed of malignant melanoma 16 years ago and it's still hard on all of us. I've had close cousins pass do to various things, and other friends, but with Sal, it's just different. We were closer than friends, and in a way even closer than sisters. I still call her family quite often, call her mom "mom" when I am talking to her or referring to her. And the loss just hit me very hard yesterday out of the blue. I get that way with my brother and cousins sometimes too, but never as gut wrenching as yesterday was. I think it's all due to lack of sleep, jet lag, and the fact we always talked about traveling the world together when we finally became "grown-ups" LOL (even right before she passed we had a long conversation about how we still didn't feel "grown-up")

Thank you everyone for your kind words of comfort. I appreciate the thoughtfulness and intent behind them.

**hugs** @jcandleattic.. Somehow I didn't back read before I posted a seemingly indifferent line.

Coming from someone who hasn't (yet) dealt with a blow as big as yours or the others, I can't say I know what it feels like but I'll just send out good vibes to ya.

Hopefully you get em intact since you're much closer now that it's only a small part of a sea separating us and not a whole ocean lols

**hugs** @jcandleattic.. Somehow I didn't back read before I posted a seemingly indifferent line.
No worries at all!! This is one of those evolving threads, and when the subject changes, we all just goes with the flow!!

Thank you.
Hopefully you get em intact since you're much closer now that it's only a small part of a sea separating us and not a whole ocean lols
For a few days anyway. I'll be going back home on the 11th. I have enjoyed my time here in Singapore immensely though. Such a beautiful island! So clean and friendly.

I need an avatar for the forum. I could use a picture of my soap but it's not super-pretty like some of you guys's stuff. I must contemplate.

Back