Bored Thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how the heck can you all drink coffee so late in the day haha--if I drink any past 8am I am up all night. I know my parents used to drink and then go to bed

@Lin19687 soapy things or just regular things?

I need to clean up my kitchen a bit, then I'll mess it up again making more soap. I'm going to reattempt my shave soap. It may totally fail again, I hate to waste ingredients but I have to remind myself of the entertainment value. I'd spend about the same or more money going to a movie.

@Marilyn Norgart I can drink coffee until about 6 PM and still go to bed. I don't really get wired from coffee, I'm coffee-dependent now. I'm drowsy and headachey without it, I basically need a coffee IV to get me going in the morning.

The caffine in coffee helps with headaches, right now I have one lol and the afternooon is going toooo slow

I need to do cleaning of the house.
DD has a "gaming competition" on the computer this weekend and will be using my Computer. I have a 'gaming' Puter only because I wanted a faster processor and space :p

We have pushing 60 degs and sunshine so it's not coming from me!

@Marilyn Norgart I'm going to agree with Lin - the market is super saturated. I used to be able to sell out of bubble scoops as soon as I could get them made, but that was when they were hard to find and expensive. Now you can buy a big bag of bath bombs (not the same thing I know, but people don't really care) at WalMart for 5-8 bucks, and I can't sell a bubble scoop to save my life. Thank goodness my nieces still love them and my sisters are willing to pay me a bit more than they cost to make so my ingredients aren't going to waste. Sorry I sound completely negative, but if you don't already have a following for them, it's going to be a difficult market to break into. It seems like handcrafters who are still selling well are doing more gimmiky shaped bombs - unicorn shapes, popular themes (like Game of Thrones), it seems like succulents are really popular so I've been seeing a lot of succulent shaped bombs... stuff like that. Generic round bombs, not so much.

I don't see that a state requirement in Minnesota. Is it a requirement in your local municipality?

it wasn't the gov that told me that. so maybe I misunderstood--I thought I was told you needed a license for cosmetic and a different one for medicinal. this stuff confuses me so I need to check it out more--sounds like I need different labels though--good to know. I appreciate your guys help

it wasn't the gov that told me that. so maybe I misunderstood--I thought I was told you needed a license for cosmetic and a different one for medicinal. this stuff confuses me so I need to check it out more--sounds like I need different labels though--good to know. I appreciate your guys help
Are you maybe confusing "license" for "regulations"? Sometimes it does matter depending on the state - I think Florida is highly regulated so there you do need a license. In general, in the US, you don't need special licensing to sell soap or cosmetics, just be aware of what cosmetic claims and medical claims are, and what you can claim for soap (it cleans. period. that's all you can claim) and don't mix the two. If you claim a product is medicinal, then you do cross the boundary that requires testing and regulation to support those claims. Yep, there's a lot of people doing it illegally, and when I win the lottery I'm going to donate my time to start busting those people. (Not really, I'll be in Jamaica with my toes in the sand and a drink in my hand...)

I did some scribbling for tax crap, CSV some bank and other items (and had an hr of goofing around trying to fit it) then googled some stuff.
Now I came here and need to get off or I will get nothing done

I did some scribbling for tax crap, CSV some bank and other items (and had an hr of goofing around trying to fit it) then googled some stuff.
Now I came here and need to get off or I will get nothing done

I hear ya about not getting anything done!!! I have been working on labels this morning and doing some research, at least while my needy dog isn't shoving her way into the puter try to get attn. time to wash outside windows

I'M STILL SITTING HERE !!!!
ok I am now gong outside because someone is buying my Hens and equipment so I have to get it ready for tomorrow morning. now I have to go outside, but it's super nice out and 62F

Yes, sadly I went back to FT working so I feel terrible that they can't free range in the front big yard all day :(
Plus I have a Poopy neighbor and his dog, actually he is worse
Plus with me moving I thought this would be best for them.
They are going to someone that has 2 hens and a big coop/shed, plus a duck :)
They are making out great in this deal

I noticed at some point it started saying "Well-Known Member" underneath my lack of avatar. I've been here like a week. I guess I've rambled on in enough posts now that I'm "Well-Known".

That is all.

Latest posts

Back