Books/Cold process soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrayWolf

Reaction score
Thought I was going to continue on my Newbie Question but decided not to !!
I don't have access to my computer all the time. I found the Miller Soap Site to be a good one and enjoy what little I have read.
""What books are available on Cold Process Soaps and Lye Soaps. That would be easier for me.""
Also, where can I find lye ?? I know how to get it through the natural process.........potash. Store or internet bought. I hear it is being used for making METH so therefore it is hard to obtain.
Thanks to everyone. I love the site when I get the chance to read it!!

Borders or Barnes & Nobles have it..

Soapmaker's Companion
Soapmaking for fun and Profit
Milk-Based Soaps
The Natural Soap Book

I think those would be a good start

I really like the Susan Miller Cavitch books.......The Natural Soap Book: Making Herbal and Vegetable-Based Soaps and Soapmaker's Companion: A Comprehensive Guide with Recipes, Techniques & Know-How (Natural Body Series - The Natural Way to Enhance Your Life)

I also have some others, but none quite as detailed in explanation, but ones with varied opinions and ideas. I'll write the other books later, when I remember which ones they are.

Thank you for the information. Both books are available at the public library. Checked them out on computer. They will be a start !! Another book or books I am interested in are in regard to the business side of Soapmaking and Candlemaking,or small business operations. Any good ones that you all recommend. For future reading :} !
Thank you again for the information. I appreciate it !

Latest posts

Back