bonding column mold to loaf mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Soap peeps: I want to insert a column of soap into a loaf of soap. I only have one column mold and will need several before inserting. I will use the same recipe and scents for both molds. Do I need to do anything to make sure the column bonds tightly to the loaf? I usually cut my loaf into 1" slices, should it be thicker? Thanks!

1" should be just fine. Once you take your column of soap out of the mold, you might want to wrap it in plastic wrap to keep it from starting to cure. You could lightly spray the column with distilled water before putting in the new soap, but I haven't found that to be necessary. It sounds like you have plans for some fancy soap, Mr. Zing!

I just wrap my column embeds really tight in plastic wrap until I'm ready to put it in my soap. One thing I'm going to invest in for future soap with embeds is some long skinny tweezers to place the embed in the soap. My big fat hands get in the way... Good luck and Have Fun!!!!

Latest posts

Back