Body wash with surfactants questions...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hlecter

Reaction score
Hi! I started about two months ago making my own body washes using sles (texapon), coco betaine, glycerin, water and fragrance oil.

I didnt use any preservative at all and it seems to work great so far.

Is there any way to extend its life using something natural like rosemary extract for example?

Also how much time a body wash or a shampoo could extend his lifetime without a preservative?

I personally wouldn't keep it more than a week or so. Especially without a preservative. Anything with water needs a preservative for safety. ROE is not a preservative. It's an antioxidant.

If it's for personal use its a use at your own risk . Not worth the risk in my opinion. I'm sure others will share similar opinions.

Research on swiftcraftymonkey.

Thank you for reply. What could be done wrong when using a body wash without preservative?

Im using germall plus for presrrvatives in all formulation with water. Im interested that you arr using sles and coco betaine only in your formulation because i only have these two. Outside the recipe require 3-5 types surfactants which difficult to find and purchase. If you dont mind, what is the formulation of using these two? I have sles70%. Thanks in advance

Im using germall plus for presrrvatives in all formulation with water. Im interested that you arr using sles and coco betaine only in your formulation because i only have these two. Outside the recipe require 3-5 types surfactants which difficult to find and purchase. If you dont mind, what is the formulation of using these two? I have sles70%. Thanks in advance

This post is 2 years ole and the OP hasn’t been here in some time. Not likely to get a response.

Latest posts

Back