Body wash too thick

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking of putting it all back in the pan and warming it up with some water. I tried it again last night and it is very nice, apart from the "deadly alien slime" look. Perhaps a dash more water would make it more manageable.

The recipe was a "cold process shaving soap guaranteed to produce thick. long-lasting, luxurious lather". I believed every word (I was very callow then) and made it, twice (repeat, very callow). The end product was something that required frenetic rubbing with a shaving brush, produced a weird snow white lather that lasted approximately 10 seconds. Good for doing magic tricks with the kids but totally useless for shaving. Being a stubborn old fool, I tried it out twice and discovered that it not only disappeared, it also gave a burning sensation on the skin. Two days later I was on this forum, reading about how the only shaving soap worth the name should be HP with lashings of stearic acid. You live and learn...

The recipe is basically a classical HP soap. It even includes CO (once again, callow, callow, callow).

I heard about adding glycerine, could try that too.

Many many thanks, Zany!

Latest posts

Back