Body Butters

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPowers

Reaction score
I've made a couple of batches of body butter but I find it goes somewhat hard after sitting. It melts easily and is absorbed by the skin, but I am really looking for that soft, fluffy texture.
Does anyone have a tried and true combination of oils & butter that would give me the preferred result? TIA

I've made a couple of batches of body butter but I find it goes somewhat hard after sitting. It melts easily and is absorbed by the skin, but I am really looking for that soft, fluffy texture.
Does anyone have a tried and true combination of oils & butter that would give me the preferred result? TIA
That's sort of the nature of body butters IMO. You could try whipping the heck out of it. That will help.

Just a note of caution on the whipped butters - should they get too hot and melt, they will become solid again. I didn't think about this when I left mine in the car once in the summer. Live and learn:rolleyes:

Back