body butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pghsoapgirl

Reaction score
What container/ packaging does everyone use for body butter? I can't find anything i really like. Thanks in advance.

Jenn

I use double wall jars especially in the summer time.

I had bought also the double wall jars, but they are white and black top. I think I got them on sale eons ago. Just found them in a bucket in the basement ! woo hoo

I use PET clear, plastic jars.

Hey.. These body butters in clear PET jars.. R they with eo's or fo?

I read somewhere that products with eo shoul be kept in glass or aluminium containera as they tend to eat up plastic ...

I don't think products like lotions and body butters would need to be in glass or aluminum containers for any reason. Just a walk down the lotion aisle in any store will show most products packaged in plastic bottles and jars. Maybe you are thinking of a suggestion for storing EOs in glass?

I read somewhere that products with eo shoul be kept in glass or aluminium containera as they tend to eat up plastic ...

Ditto what Dibbles said- maybe you are thinking of storing undiluted EO in plastic? If so I would totally agree, but when properly diluted in product they are fine to be packaged in plastic. For what it's worth, I make a few EO sprays, and also a few body butters made with EO (both are packaged in either plastic bottles or plastic jars), and they keep perfectly fine with no issues.

IrishLass :)

I agree with both of the previous posters. You are just using a small percentage of essential oils or fragrance oils, so it shouldn't matter if you use PET clear plastic. Wholesale Supplies Plus recommends using PET clear plastic jars with some of their body butter recipes.

Thanks for ur input... I think i misunderstood the reading n thought that anything with eo. Should use grade 5 plastic or glass jars only...
I was thinking of buying clear PET jars.

May i also ask y double walled jars n not PET jars???

Back