Body butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee242

Reaction score
What oil would be good with this or what would you change?

½ cup Shea Butter
¼ cup Cocoa Butter
1/4 cup Jojoba Oil

I don't know if there is a correct answer to this. In my own body butter I like to use oils that absorb quickly and aren't heavy. HO sunflower, meadowfoam, kukui nut, fractionated co.
I'd substitute camellia oil for jojoba.

Just as a side note, I love raspberry or pomegranate oil in winter body body because they "act heavy", but absorb well.

What oil would be good with this or what would you change?

½ cup Shea Butter
¼ cup Cocoa Butter
1/4 cup Jojoba Oil

That will be a greasy recipe. I haven't tried cornstarch on body butters but I have used mango butter. That's a butter worth having for soaping and B&B whips, creams, and lotions. It can help reduce the greasiness you'll have from the shea.

Also, you may want to consider halving the cocoa butter. That body butter will be softish hot weather but if you get colder temps, it will be much harder and will require more effort to use it.

I can't share my recipe, but I'm happy to give you some guidelines.

55% firm butter (less than 20% of which should be super hard like cocoa or kokum)

25% coconut or babassu

20% liquid oil

Play with percentages- depending on melt points and how firm your butters are, you may want 60% butters, but 15% coconut, etc.

1 heaping teaspoon of tapioca starch per 24 ounces of mixture.

Use a mix of 'greasy' and 'dry' fats.

Latest posts

Back