Body Butter Recipe

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

kmarvel

Reaction score
I am making my first body butter today. I am using shea butter, coconut oil and avocado oil. Most recipes I have seen call for sweet almond oil or jojoba oil. Will I have any problems using the avocado oil instead? And can I use fragrance oil instead of EO?
Thank you.

shunt2011

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
No, you shouldn't have any problem. I use avocado in mine and it's lovely. I use FO's in mine as folk love the Pink Sugar and Cranberry Citrus.

Last edited:

The Efficacious Gentleman

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I use shea, cocoa, CO and avocado in my whipped butter. I love it. As for FOs, you certainly can, just watch how much as some stronger ones need really no more than 0.5% rather than a 1% that you might use from an EO

kmarvel

Reaction score
No, you shouldn't have any problem. I use avocado in mine and it's lovely. I use FO's in mine as folk love the Pink Sugar and Cranberry Citrus.
WOW, I made my first body butter and I was pleasantly surprised!!! Besides not melting the shea all the way to liquid form, it turned out really nice!! I got 3 jars that were 4 oz each. I used lavender EO.

Thank you everyone for the help.

Cranberry Citrus sounds wonderful!!!!