Body Butter Mess

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassgirl

Reaction score
I just made my first batch of body butter, which didn't turn out like I'd hoped, but that's another issue. Mainly, it was really messy trying to get the butter into the jar. Is there some brilliant method of transferring it to containers besides using a spoon?

Thanks!

lsg said:
Yes, use a icing piping bag or a zip-lock bag with the corner snipped off. Works great.

Works like a charm! :lol: Plus, the heat of your hand softens it a bit and that helps.

If you use a zip lock bag, make sure it is a sturdy freezer bag if your butter is thick. Or it can pop under pressure and make an oozy mess. Trust me on that point. :oops: :roll:

You can also mix fragrance and color in lotion or some butters (if it is whipped up, you do not want to work the air out kneading in a bag) in the freezer bag for small amounts, then pipe into container.

Digit

Thanks! I'll pick up some freezer bags at the store today.

My butter turned out thicker than I wanted. I saw somewhere on this forum that someone had used 60% butters and 40% oils and it was like shaving cream, and someone suggested 75%/25%. So I compromised and did 70%/30% and it's too thick...almost like lip balm. So maybe I'll go back and try the 60/40.

Back