Body butter making recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kalpanaganesan

Reaction score
I also have an interest to make body butter which i use.But the recipes by bramble berry Annie marie includes a lot of ingredients which as a newbie i cant afford.In one Channel in india they gave me a recipe as 2 Table spoon shea butter,1 table spoon olive oil or Almond oil 1 table spoon coconut oil .They dint use emulsifying wax.
can anyone suggest me a simple recipe using one or two butters and olive oil and coconut oil or almond oil

You can start with 70% Shea butter and 30% liquid oils. You’ll want to use lighter oils that are easily absorbed by the skin. Coconut at too much can be greasy. If you do a search you will find some more information and ideas.

Last edited:
The almond oil is the best oil you have listed for body butter. Follow Shunt's suggestion and weigh your oils. Using volume measurements will give you more consistent results.

A little shea butter can go a long way, but it is quite nice.
You can also search for salve recipes; if you aren't using emulsifying wax, I would probably call it salve rather than body butter. Humblebee&me also has a few simple salve and butter recipes that I liked, you may want to check those out (she also tends to have pretty good substitution lists).

My usual body butter recipe is equal amounts of shea butter, mango butter, and jojoba oil. I will be trying out a new one when my ingredients arrive, but am not at liberty to share that one.

You could try olive oil or sweet almond oil instead jojoba.Some people add a bit of arrowroot starch to cut down on the greasy feel, but I don’t have to do that with jojoba oil.

Depending on your climate, and what consistency you want, you may need to add a little more or less of the soft oil.

Latest posts

Back