Body Butter headaches

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

OK...I've been trying to make a shea body butter. My recipe includes shea butter, cocoa butter and grapeseed oil.

I put it in a jar so that I could use it myself and see if it had any viability for sale in the long term. I opened the jar..and it was hard..hard..hard. And oily. I tried to use cornstarch to cut the grease (without much success.)

What do you do to keep it creamy??

I use refined shea butter, grapeseed oil with a bit of Vit E and whip it up until it is nice and airy. No problems...unless it gets warm and melts.

Hey Lady! Whats your % of ccb? It can harden right up and cause a seize in your butter. I like to whip mine for about 2 hours, on and off. Whip 10, hold 10. lather, rinse, repeat.

I just checked some shea whips that I did last Summer. They are still holding. Let me know if I can help.

You could offer a tiny chisel and hammer with each jar. :lol: :lol: (ducking to miss the projectile hurling my way)

Are you looking for something creamy (suitable for jar, tube or pump) or more whipped like? If you want something more on the creamy side, you could incorporate water into the mix or way more oil. For a whipped butter, such as light airy, just up your soft oils.

I do the same as Deda, on, off, on, off. I also chill the bowl before and put in freezer between mixing.

Digit

Latest posts

Back