Body butter for kids

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eleraine

Reaction score
I would like to make a small amount of body butter for my son who has very dry skin/eczema. He has been using a calendula cream which is made up of sunflower oil, calendula, shea butter but I'd like to make my own and use it for myself & my children.

I have the following with me and was wondering if I can make something out of them with the calendula petals I have.

- Cocoa butter
- Mango butter
- Olive oil (calendula infusion)
- Chamomile powder
- Shea butter
- Sweet almond oil
- Apricot kernel oil
- Coconut oil
- Macadamia nut oil
- Castor oil
- Calendula petals

I can buy avocado, hemp and arnica (dunno what it's called in English) oil but don't think I have easy access to beeswax unless I order online. Anyone with any recipes or suggestions?

Tabitha posted this link awhile back and thought it might be helpful if you hadn't already seen it.

http://www.clinuvel.com/en/childrens-skin

Why not try combining some shea butter with the calendula infused olive oil for your whipped butter? Experiment with it and see how it turns out. It's just my opinion but I think the simpliest recipe would be best to start with and then see how his skin reacts to it.

That being said - I made whipped shea with sunflower oil and I really like it. You could infuse sunflower with the calendula petals and try it, too.

Thanks for the link and tips Hazel!

I decided to make some whipped butter for my eldest (shea, sweet almond oil, macadamia nut, grapeseed, apricot kernel - I have them in my soaps and she has been using them with no issues) since she has no allergies - if she has, I can always use it.

Will share how it turns out. :)

I made a whipped butter for my son with the same dry skin issues. It was shea butter, hemp oil, borage oil, and argan oil. After only a few days of using it I noticed it clearing up. Really worked great!

I'm coming in a little late, but I make a whipped butter for my little man with shea butter, cocoa butter, coconut oil, and olive and FCO. Very nice and a little tenacious thanks to the cocoa butter. I make him a lotion bar for his little drool-y chin with the same ingredients and beeswax. Very effective moisture barrier.

Back