Bluebirds of Happiness Take Two

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm sure everyone remembers my recent tragedy of an awesome soap getting DOS and leaving the only bar I gave away in a friend of a friend's cabin as a thank you gift :eek:. Okay, okay, so not quite as bad as the Great New Zealand Red Mica Spill, but still disappointing.

Yesterday I taught 2 friends how to make soap and this was my demonstration loaf. Scented 50/50 lavender and anise essential oil (recommend this!). Colored with ultramarine blue and titanium dioxide. I like how vibrant the blue is.

One quibble: I am over-run with end pieces and leftover single cavities and made less than normal. However, I ran out of batter and it's a little short -- but that's a minor quibble.
20220321_192039 (2).jpg
20220321_190924.jpg

This is gorgeous! The colors of my dream kitchen! Well, probably my dream house! I wish I had been taught to soap by someone like you. One of my favorite scents is to mix lavender and anise. It reminds me that i haven't done it in a while.

Back