Blueberry powder for color

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HLN80

Reaction score
Hello, this is my very first post and I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but will blueberry powder (dehydrated blueberry juice) make a nice color for CP soap? Or how do I get any shade of blue using something natural?

Chances are no it won’t survive the lye and will likely go grey or brown. Some say indigo powder will give you a blue. However, many natural color ants have a tendency to fade over time.

I have read blueberry powder turns CP soap grey but have never tested it.

It is good for your skin though, it might be really good in a mask or scrub.

Had a quick look at the recipe, it is colored with some kind of dye. Oh well! You would think that blueberries could make a good colorant, since they stain like crazy.
Is the powder also blue? Like a dark blue?

Makes me wonder what it'll do if you HP the soap and add a really strong infusion after the cook..

My absolute favorite blue soap bar is made with a Cerulean Blue Crayola Crayon (Ingredients: paraffin wax, stearic acid, pigment). Use rate: 1" Crayola PPO (Per Pound Oils). You can grate it up and add to warmed oils; or nuke 10 seconds in the microwave in some of the olive oil from the batch before adding it into the rest of the batch.

My absolute favorite blue soap bar is made with a Cerulean Blue Crayola Crayon (Ingredients: paraffin wax, stearic acid, pigment). Use rate: 1" Crayola PPO (Per Pound Oils). You can grate it up and add to warmed oils; or nuke 10 seconds in the microwave in some of the olive oil from the batch before adding it into the rest of the batch.
Suppose that's one way of recycling crayon's!! no waste!! :thumbs:

Back