Blueberry cotton candy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Ziegler

Circle Z soaps
Reaction score
Here is my batch from yesterday. I am still not getting what I want with my swirls but I believe I have figured out what I am doing wrong. I split the batch in half, with the intention of swirling the blue in with the pink. While slicing it today, I realized that I am creating to much of the color that I want to swirl in. I should have did just a 1/4 of the blue. The way I did it the blue just is to much to make a swirl. Input on my self diagnoses would be great.

Attachments

• 20200314_125721_compress17.jpg
    20200314_125721_compress17.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 26
You might want to go with even less than a 1/4 of your batter for your swirl if you are going with a 1 color swirl. It really does not take much for swirling. I usually use around 1/4 of my batter for swirling dividing it between the colors I want to use. Once in a while I will go around 1/3 rd, but since I eyeball it I cannot give exact percentages.

You might want to go with even less than a 1/4 of your batter for your swirl if you are going with a 1 color swirl. It really does not take much for swirling. I usually use around 1/4 of my batter for swirling dividing it between the colors I want to use. Once in a while I will go around 1/3 rd, but since I eyeball it I cannot give exact percentages.
I'm going to do another batch today or tomorrow and I will definitely use a lot less. For the life of me I can't figure out why I was using so much for the swirl. It just clicked in my head and I realized what I was doing wrong. Lol

2CF55035-F6DD-40A2-A79C-A34AABBDEC40.jpeg
Here is my batch from yesterday. I am still not getting what I want with my swirls but I believe I have figured out what I am doing wrong. I split the batch in half, with the intention of swirling the blue in with the pink. While slicing it today, I realized that I am creating to much of the color that I want to swirl in. I should have did just a 1/4 of the blue. The way I did it the blue just is to much to make a swirl. Input on my self diagnoses would be great.

Watch some videos of “In The Pot Swirls”. They are easy to do and as a beginner I am having great results with them. Here are two I did recently. View attachment 44506View attachment 44506
2DAF9C6D-B00E-4D87-99A6-1E7D3C1AF5C1.jpeg

I used to use to much swirl color too, its really easy to get carried away. I make 2 lb batches and use about 1 cup of batter for my swirl color now.

I used to use to much swirl color too, its really easy to get carried away. I make 2 lb batches and use about 1 cup of batter for my swirl color now.
Yeah I got carried away with a picture in my head that didn't translate into reality lol.

I love that your soap reminds me of the cotton candy flavored gum I liked as a tween. I hate that I want to smell it AND I want to go get some cotton candy now. I just wonder if I may be able to find that truck I saw that was selling. See? Now I'm planning to go out!

I love that your soap reminds me of the cotton candy flavored gum I liked as a tween. I hate that I want to smell it AND I want to go get some cotton candy now. I just wonder if I may be able to find that truck I saw that was selling. See? Now I'm planning to go out!
I actually blended some cotton candy FO and Blueberry FO and it turned out great.

This looks great even if it didn't match your intention (story of my soaping life)! And, Dude, you're soaping non-stop, is this like your full-time job now?!

This looks great even if it didn't match your intention (story of my soaping life)! And, Dude, you're soaping non-stop, is this like your full-time job now?!
Thanks for the compliment. I have been doing it only on weekends so far but since our company is shut down because of the virus, I am going to do a little bit more soaping. I plan to start selling it so I wanted to have a lot of variety

Thanks for the compliment. I have been doing it only on weekends so far but since our company is shut down because of the virus, I am going to do a little bit more soaping. I plan to start selling it so I wanted to have a lot of variety
Sorry about your company. These are historic times. I usually soap once per month but I'm gonna step it up more often in case of shortages and inability to get to the store.

Latest posts

Back