Blue Ridge Mountains

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mzimm

Reaction score
Every year I take a group of mostly young-ish folks to a favorite spot to camp near the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. We hike, white-water raft, play in waterfalls, that sort of thing. This year I wanted to make soap as gifts commemorating our week together. Although these don't quite live up to what I had in mind, The two batches were good practice using the sculpted layers technique.
image.jpg

The inspiration was a photo of one scenic overlook on the BRP:

image.jpeg

I just returned from a road trip which included the Blue Ridge Parkway, and think you did a great job capturing the beauty of the area. It will be a lovely memento; nice work.

Just beautiful -What a gorgeous way to capture a memory - and useful too!

They are beautiful, but I particularly like the one on the left. You did a wonderful job on these soaps.

I bought a rain jacket at the Park Ranger station in the Blue Ridge Parkway a few years back for a real bargain price; also 2 sandstone auto coasters with the BRP logo, which I really like so very much. And I have several photos just like that one you have here above. It's such a lovely all through the area.

Those soaps are very pretty. They really capture your inspiration picture.

I cannot wait to get out there. I put a just put a house in Davidson, NC under contract. I cannot wait to make my first trip out to the Blue Ridge mountains since I was a kid. The ones here in Colorado are majestic, but I've missed seeing "green".

Those are gorgeous soaps and I can't stop staring at the left one, especially the 2nd layer from the top. You captured the mountains perfectly!

mzimm, those are wonderful!!!

I cannot wait to get out there. I put a just put a house in Davidson, NC under contract. I cannot wait to make my first trip out to the Blue Ridge mountains since I was a kid. The ones here in Colorado are majestic, but I've missed seeing "green".

Snappy, my best friend lived in Co for 10 years and now lives in AZ. She constantly tells me how she misses green, especially when I send her springtime pictures from PA! :)

Those soaps are very pretty. They really capture your inspiration picture.

Welcome home then, snappyllama! Davidson is practically a midway point between NC's beautiful mountains and lovely beaches. I came here from the Midwest back in '77 and have never turned back. That word "green" to describe our mountains (and our whole state, actually) seems trite to the extreme, but there's no better word to describe the lushness.

Oh mzimm those soaps are just lovely! You certainly captured the beauty and tranquility of the Blue Ridge in your soap. Your group will be lucky to have such a thoughtful and beautiful gift. Well done!

Back