Blue or coloured EO experience, please

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

JoeyJ

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, my ultramarine blue was mixered by my junior apprentice into other mixering stuff.
I had very carefully dehydrated (only took a week!🙃) and powdered some watermelon, and was steeping it in castor oil...
To that was added half of the powder I had left, and the remaining powder in the jar smelt very strongly of blue cypress oil...
The day before he'd appeared with the blue cypress saying he was shaving, and I was wondering what the blue was on his chin, but was rushing to another engagement...
Next day, I discovered it all😬🙄
My fault anyway, my "young shaver" had destroyed my 'hard won' watermelon experiment, and I was left wondering what method to use to get back some blue!

Some of the very deep blue was mixed with water, so I put the lye into that ... it absolutely stunk, and went clear🧐...

The rest of the blue I could salvage went in the soap...but it just went a dirty grey-blue, and a few pieces of powdered watermelon got in with it as well.

The bar was way overscented, and the pieces of watermelon crumb went brown...

So when I can associate blue cypress oil with a more pleasurable result...I'll post the results!!

szaza

Reaction score
Oh no, that's too bad.. I'm sorry you didn't get blue soap even with the addition of ultramarine.