blue glass for FO's?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Will dark blue glass protect FO's like amber will? I found sparkling water that comes in nice dark blue bottles and I'd like to use them for my FO's that come in plastic.

That sounds like very fancy water! I don't have any experience with using blue glass, but I would think it should be fine - better than plastic for sure. I'm sure someone will come along and correct me if I'm wrong before long. But, would putting the bottle in an old sock or something work if too much light gets in through the blue?

I don't know for sure either, but I would think the darker the better. At least it would be better than clear glass and better than plastic definitely. I know which bottles you are talking about. Very good idea and one I'm inspired to copy. I wish beer bottles had screw on tops... Wondering which other booze bottles I could use!

The supplier I get my nicest EOs from always uses cobalt blue glass bottles. She's pretty particular about maintaining quality, so if blue glass was not good enough she wouldn't be using it. If that's any indication I think your idea is spot on good!

I have always, always loved cobalt blue glass.

The water isn't that great but it is drinkable. The biggest problem is the bottles are only 11oz but for under $2, I'm not going to complain much lol.

Something-Natural-Sparkling-Water-Pink-Grapefruit.jpg

One of the bigger aromatherapy brands over here sells everything in blue glass packaging on account of it protecting the product so it seems like you might be onto something! I just like the look of it in my bathroom lol

Back