Quantcast

Blog ideas for a Soaper to Write?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Paul M

Reaction score
Hi all, I see some bigger companies write beautiful blogs about things that I wouldn't even think of. Does anyone have a website WITH a blog? How do you think of creative topics that folks will want to read? I guess I'm not that creative when it comes to words... 😣

Megan

Reaction score
I know several of the bigger Youtube soapers used to do blogs. Missouri River Soaps had one, I think Katie Carson did too. Maybe check them out.

Cosmo71

Reaction score
Write about what interests you in soap making. fragrance, color, oil characteristics, additives, design styles. There is so much I want to know and learn about soap making.

glendam

Reaction score
I started a soap blog mainly for my own records, to keep track of recipes and process. So each blog post is a soap project. Over time it has evolved, at some point I was doing tutorial style blogs, but it was too time consuming, so I simplified it. As a soap projects record, it has come handy several times. However, if it was not addressed to the soap making community, but to the consumer, I might try to find, write or share information about soap, skin care, cleansing tips, etc. Christy Wright from business boutique says to think of your customer needs, and which of those fall within your company scope, when writing content.

lenarenee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your readers will have questions or curiosities, give them a chance to “shine” by spotlighting a chosen question every week or so....make the reader feel involved. Make them feel listened to (aside from the common and overused ‘what do you think? Post your comment below’ type) . I love the history and cultural aspects of soap, so I would include info on Aleppo, Marseille soap, vintage soap brands (Ivory soap and why it floats), old soap myths busted, new soap myths busted. Fun things like...what’s the strangest hotel soap you ever had, or what is the strangest fragrance you ever had, would you ever like a soap that smells like French toast or gunpowder. Other uses for soap....like soaping windows at Halloween, soaping a thread for sewing, soaping tools to preserve them.

And showcase a maker you admire. Show your mistakes or things you’ve learned.Maybe invite them to contribute to an article. Or hire a marker who know what they’re doing.

Garden Gives Me Joy

Reaction score
From a marketing perspective, I think your starting point should always be your target audience. This would apply regardless of whether you are soaping for fun or commercial gain. This is why I think that being clear on your branding and brand objective(s) is very important. From the time you create a niche, you will already know the type of content that will engage your target audience. Their interaction will definitely give you ideas. When in doubt, come right out and ask, 'What would you like to hear about?' and or ask followers to vote. It appears to me that having a YouTube and Instagram following is ideal for this.

Latest posts