Blending Ideas...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just did my rasta soap - 4 parts lemongrass, 1 part each dark patchouli and blood orange. it's delicious!

I like this one recommended in Catherine Failors liquid soap book. She credits Bill and Trina Wallace for "Sea Breezy" which is 2 parts eucalyptus, 2 parts lemongrass (I subbed Litsea cubeba) and 1 part rosemary EO

I have been playing with this blend and I think I prefer the litsea over the lemongrass. I was kind of on the fence till I added litsea in place of part of the lemongrass - total improvement. I also added a little cedarwood and patchouli.

I have a lemongrass and fir needle shaving soap I can't keep in stock. It's energizing, fresh and yummy. Kind of reminds me of eating a key lime pie slice under a really fragrant tree.

Need to try the anise with lemongrass, it sounds interesting.

I have a rosewood EO that I used recently in my M&P project and it's really strong + woody.
It's really giving me a headache and I didn't use a lot of it ! What would be a good blend to make it more appealing?

I have seen the other suggestions and eucalyptus + lemongrass seems good ! going to give a try another day !

One of my favorites that I make is Cedarwood and citrus. All EO's of 10x orange, lime, lemon, and grapefruit. Crisp smell, but also masculine.

I am going to try some rosewood I have with some geranium. It was suggested a few times now when I got my first batch of geranium and the more I sniff them the more I think they will be phenomenal together. I would also think rosewood would be great with citrus.

I have also had good luck mixing several different citrus oils with a tad lavender and it really pops. I have a batch that was kind of a fluke - I mixed some leftover rosemary and peppermint (maybe .15 oz) with about .6 oz lavender and the rest was lemon, lemongrass, pink grapefruit, key lime, sweet orange, and orange 5x. I didn't take good measurements but the overall blend was about 2oz. Its my hubby's favorite on me now. Its what I wash with if I know it might get a little steamy...:D

I am going to try some rosewood I have with some geranium. It was suggested a few times now when I got my first batch of geranium and the more I sniff them the more I think they will be phenomenal together. I would also think rosewood would be great with citrus.

I have also had good luck mixing several different citrus oils with a tad lavender and it really pops. I have a batch that was kind of a fluke - I mixed some leftover rosemary and peppermint (maybe .15 oz) with about .6 oz lavender and the rest was lemon, lemongrass, pink grapefruit, key lime, sweet orange, and orange 5x. I didn't take good measurements but the overall blend was about 2oz. Its my hubby's favorite on me now. Its what I wash with if I know it might get a little steamy...:D

That sounds really great ! I would try mixing some rosewood with geranium ! I really can't take the smell of rosewood on its own ! I was thinking that maybe I made a mistake in purchasing it haha ! I would try it with my citrus EOs too ! Thanks for the suggestion !

I have been looking for a good tea tree blend actually, I like the earthy aroma of it and its so good for my skin but I really want a balanced fragrance and tea tree takes over. I think I will try it with lemongrass, thanks for the tip! :)

Latest posts

Back