Blending ideas for NG's Narcissist?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milky

Reaction score
For my first time buying FOs I went with a bunch of sample sizes from Nature's Garden. Most I have high hopes for and a couple I just don't know. The one I'm disappointed with OOB is Narcissist, their Narisco Rodriguez dupe. I'd never smelled the original but it got good reviews and I was curious. So far I'm not a fan (smells like perfume and arm pits). It probably is comparable to the original and just isn't my style. Mixed a tiny bit with oil and have been wearing it to give it a chance. Any ideas of what I could blend it with to use in the future?

It's a "floral musk." I like fresh florals, greenery, spice, exotics, citrus, herbals, woodiness... almost anything but this and powder scents.

Last edited:
Smelling myself again... Might try blending Narcissist with a little bit of orange. It has a hint of orange to it. I also bought NG's Giggles so I'll try that.

This is what the site says:

"Narcissist fragrance oil is a seductive blend of warm, woodsy Egyptian musk and enchanting patchouli spiced with the subtle sweetness of cinnamon, orange blossom, and hints of anise. Compare this fragrance oil by Natures Garden to Narciso Rodriguez Fragrance.

Top Notes: Peach, Raspberry, Osmanthus
Mid Notes: Cinnamon, Anise, Rose, Orange Blossom
Base Notes: Patchouli, Sandalwood, Egyptian Musk"

I was really hoping for brighter fruity and spice notes, less of a dirtiness.

Edit: I can kind of get the woodsiness of it now. That's nice. I'll give it a go by itself and see what happens.

Last edited:
Back