Blending fragrance oils candle selling

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talianna

Reaction score
Hi

Im new to making and selling Candles but im unsure of if any laws/regulations/requirements when blending oils.

Is there any such thing

Is there anything specific you have to put on your label par the health and safety aspect or can i just blend away and create the name i like for it.

Many thanks

I'm not sure what the regulations are in the UK about selling so you may want to find out from whatever the equivalent to the regulators office there would be.

Here in the states, you can blend FO's without any problems, as long as you don't make any claims about what the scent will do, other than smell.

There is no law against it but there are regulations on how its labelled. The CLP regulations cover what has to be on a candle or melt and the difficulty with blending is knowing what the allergen levels of the fragrance blend are.

Most FO suppliers will provide a CLP template for 10% but the difficulty of a blend is each individual allergen may go above max limits. It's not a straightforward calculation but there are some CLP companies you can pay to calculate the fragrance and allergens as well as provide you with a template to use.

Latest posts

Back