Bleeding soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norden

Reaction score
I've only been making soap for a few months but in the ones I used colorants in it's been bleeding pretty bad.
I used cocoa power and I used a liquid colorant from NG.
What would you suggest to use to color our soaps?

Thank you in advanced.

Sorry I meant bleeding as in when you wash your hands in the sink there is tons of color in the sink from the soap.

you probably added too much. pictures of the soap, process and recipe?

60oz lard
6 oz coconut oil

It's the drops so we just add until it's the color we want, same with the cocoa powder.

Cp
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1401383281.566954.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1401383293.238909.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1401383313.022192.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1401383322.705598.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1401383332.453825.jpg

The first picture is a rebatch and it bleeds also. I grated the pieces and remelted them and added water. No extra colorant but the fragrance does make it brown.

I don't know about nature's garden, but I would think you're putting too much. do you know how much cocoa powder you put? I usually put 1tsp ppo, and mine doesn't bleed. I've used coffee as the water which makes a really brown soap, and that doesn't bleed that badly either.

Dark or bright colors seem to always color the lather, regardless of what colorants I've used. It used to bother me but its something I learned to accept and now I could care less.

I find mica better as a colourant, seems to cause less colour bleed, however if you put lots in you are always going to get a certain amount of bleed.

I bet it's the fragrance with the rebatched soap.
I put probably 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder, maybe more. I think I will have to try the micas because it just bleeds so much.
Do any natural colorants give a good blue, green or red?

if you do a search on the forum, there have been plenty of natural colourants discussions.

Latest posts

Back