Bleach and liquid laudry soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starduster

Reaction score
I was in the supermaket earlier and about to buy a container of bleach,they are pretty cheap.How ever being a newbie soap maker I read the lable and thought ,hey,that could easily and cheaply be made at home.Does anyone have a recipe.
Also my liquid laundry and come to think of it my kitchen detergent also is almost out so I wonder are they a good thing for me to make up considering I possibly have already got those ingredients.
If thats so I may never have to leave my mountain except to get the champagne to celebrate this new self sufficency.
Starduster :wink:

I don't have a recipe for bleach but I do have a recipe for liquid laundry detergent.

http://www.soap-making-essentials.com/cleaning-recipes.html

For dishwasher powder you could try Borax and Washing soda using one part of each. I haven't added this to my site yet...I still need to test drive it for awhile first. Just remember to not put anything in the dishwasher that creates bubbles....messy, very messy....and funny actually.:D

Try doing an Internet search for Javelle Water....it's a bleach you can make from sodium carbonate, and chloride of lime.....although I wouldn't recommend it. Bleach and oxy type cleaners can be had for cheap at the dollar stores and work just fine. :)

I'm a convert to Cathy's detergent, BTW. It's very cheap to make, works well in my soft water, and is easy. I've been making it from my own bar recipe, but want to try hers once I'm out.

I use the borax/washing soda mixture in my dishwasher. We have a mediocre machine, and it works fine. I take about three drops of blue food color and add it to my rinse agent dispenser and top it off with white vinegar. So far, I've been using it for a few months without any major issues. :)

Oh....and Cathy's right on another thing....don't put anything that bubbles into your dishwasher. This includes unrinsed soaping bowls, spoons, etc.....the foam overflow can be legendary (trust me) :lol:

No I wont overdo bubbles in dish washer

:p Thanks to you both.
I haven't hooked my dishwasher up yet.I have just flicked the switch for solar power prodution.The dishwasher will have to run off my generator so that will be saved for parties.Speaking of which as soon as the time is right I am going to invite my friends to a Goddess full moon Soap Cellebration Party and then I will use it.What are one of those parties like.I don't know,I'll just wing it to honour my new Soap Star status.Just have fun.
Right so I just buy el-cheapo bleacho.Good one less job creation scheme for me.
Cathy your site was the first one I ever landed on from Google and it gave me that total'Can do' feeling as your friendly personality jumps out.
Thankyou Mike also I will try yours out first.
It's tottally mind boggling how much there is to 'Soap World'
My last full on project was butterfly breeding and that taught me the benifits of documentaion of every stage.However ,the butterflies will just have to manage on their own now that I'm soaped.
Thanks again

Can I tell you something funny?
Sometime back when I had a shop a customer and I were chatting about the best way to get house/ shop cleaning done as being of the creative type that was always last on my list.This lady told me that she was always amazed at a neighbours brilliantly clean house and one day she shared her secret.She took a bucket through the house with her filled with all the neccessary in gredients,rags,spray etc for the job.Adding one spay container filled with gin and tonic that was used for cleaning her tonsils as she did her rounds.Loud dance music was a neccesary item and she apparently bopped her way thru her home as often as possible with a clean house being a mere side effect.Pity I cant tolerate too much giggly juice.(mad enuff without.) :wink: :roll: :lol:

That's too funny!

Unfortunately, with the gin and tonic, I'd bop through the house missing 3/4 of the mess.....of course....I may not care if I did! :lol:

Latest posts

Back