Black Raspberry Vanilla

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lina

Reaction score
Hi all I am looking for a black raspberry vanilla that sticks well.
I really like the smell of brv from NG however it doesn't stick in my soap. I am not crazy about the one from peak. Smells a bit floral to me once soaped.

Any suggestions?

WSP stuck pretty well for me, but it smells like raspberry tea to me. It could be that it was a hemp soap that sometimes has an herbal note coming through.

I have BRV from Nurture and while I don't like the smell in general, I don't mind it either. I got it because I heard it's a popular fragrance people like. Nurture is in the process of reformulating their fragrances but almost all their fragrances I've tried so far have stuck. A lot of people who have sniffed BRV have liked it.

I soaped a bunch of berry fragrances on 8/9/15 and have been waiting to review them. I have been too busy with non soapy things lately that I have had no time. Then I was not really blown away with any of the BRV so I was not really sure if my opinion would matter, but here it is.

I tested the following BRV 6 weeks ago:

Peak, SSN, Fragrance Lab, OT & NG.

My favorite by far was the one from OT, with Fragrance Lab being my second favorite. They were the most complex and strongest to my nose and smell almost identical and stick nicely. Peak was my least favorite, with the one from SSN being my second least favorite. I've also soaped one from WSP about a year ago, but was not really impressed.

My favorite berry scent is AHRE's Blackberry Scone. It sticks nicely, smells yummy and does not discolor. I wish it were stronger, but I like super strong fragrances.

I soaped a bunch of berry fragrances on 8/9/15 and have been waiting to review them. I have been too busy with non soapy things lately that I have had no time. Then I was not really blown away with any of the BRV so I was not really sure if my opinion would matter, but here it is.

I tested the following BRV 6 weeks ago:

Peak, SSN, Fragrance Lab, OT & NG.

My favorite by far was the one from OT, with Fragrance Lab being my second favorite. They were the most complex and strongest to my nose and smell almost identical and stick nicely. Peak was my least favorite, with the one from SSN being my second least favorite. I've also soaped one from WSP about a year ago, but was not really impressed.

My favorite berry scent is AHRE's Blackberry Scone. It sticks nicely, smells yummy and does not discolor. I wish it were stronger, but I like super strong fragrances.

Thanks! What does OT stand for?

Both WSP and BB stick for me. WSP is more fruity and BB is more vanilla. I personally prefer the BB version, because I like that it is fruit and vanilla without that baked-good note, which I don't care for. But honestly, they are both good and even though they have the same name, they are really two different FOs in my mind. When labeling my soaps, I called the ones with BB Black Raspberry Vanilla and the ones with WSP just Black Raspberry.

Back