Black Raspberry/Bear Tallow Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terri E

"Tucked away in the mountains"
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a bear tallow soap scented with Black Raspberry
It also contains kefir, oat/rice milk and Jun. All great for the skin! On the top I used a combination of regular piping tips as well as Russian piping tips :)

Berries3.jpg

Berries.jpg

Berries1.jpg

Love it!!! Russian piping tips are different animal than usual piping tips!!!

The timing and soap batter consistency is very crucial.

That is some awesome piping (?) work on the top of the soap! Do you mind sharing how you make the flowers with the stamens in the middle?

Not terry e, but the flower with the stamens in the middle comes from Russian piping tips. Try google it in YouTube. Dozens of videos comes in butter cream, royal icing, & soap!

It's different animal than usual piping tips. Everyone says that in their cake video. Consistency is very important when it comes to Russian piping tips. When used in soap, the perfect time frame is quite short and not as forgiving as usual piping tips. It's either diarrhea or constipation for Russian piping tips. ( umm... Excuse my language, but English is not my mother language, and it's midnight so I can't come up with better description.) in order to let the stamens show, especially the one terry e used, it need to be a thicker trace but not so thick that the stamens won't come out so clean and beautiful. Rose and tulip Russian piping tips are a little more easy going than terry e's chosen one.

Sorry, these piping tips have no numbers and specific names,so you have to check the videos to get a better understanding.

Not terry e, but the flower with the stamens in the middle comes from Russian piping tips. Try google it in YouTube. Dozens of videos comes in butter cream, royal icing, & soap!

It's different animal than usual piping tips. Everyone says that in their cake video. Consistency is very important when it comes to Russian piping tips. When used in soap, the perfect time frame is quite short and not as forgiving as usual piping tips. It's either diarrhea or constipation for Russian piping tips. ( umm... Excuse my language, but English is not my mother language, and it's midnight so I can't come up with better description.) in order to let the stamens show, especially the one terry e used, it need to be a thicker trace but not so thick that the stamens won't come out so clean and beautiful. Rose and tulip Russian piping tips are a little more easy going than terry e's chosen one.

Sorry, these piping tips have no numbers and specific names,so you have to check the videos to get a better understanding.

I understood exactly what you meant. And that description was very good! Thanks!

After seeing the beautiful tops on these soaps I just had to order some Russian piping tips! Your soaps looked amazing!! well done. cheers Helenz

Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments. Cherrycoke216 is absolutely correct. I love using these tips but the batter has to be just right. About the consistency of canned cake icing. I test a few on the countertop before I actually pipe them onto the soap and wipe the tip off between each flower. I have found that, as Cherrycoke216 said, that the window for getting the flowers just right is narrow so when it tests right on the countertop I pipe fast! I got my Russian tips from Amazon. I ordered the large set. If you also make cakes they make a beautiful cake:))

IMG_1470.jpg

Mmm... Now I would like to have a slice...totally drooling all over my phone screen!!!

Did you use toothpick or some tool to make some of the real cake petals more " pointy" outwardly? Or just the nature of icing consistency & gravity combined together?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back