Black Pepper Eo

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jean1C

Reaction score
For some reason I thought this was a good idea. I have it sitting on my side table..I keep smelling it..I keep asking my husband...What do I do with it...lemon pepper? clove eo?

I LOVE black pepper mixed with patchouli! It adds a subtle kick, changes the patchouli scent ever so slightly but enough that you know there's something lurking...something you cant quite put your finger on :twisted: In fact I just made a batch of BP/patchouli, poured 3/4 into the mold, mixed activated charcoal into the rest and poured that on top of what was in the mold. Awesome ivory/black charcoal layer effect. Haven't tried it with much else with BP though.

Thanks all for the ideas....I have some Black Himalayan sea salt that I bought last month (because that is what you do at the grocery store...) because I thought it would be an interesting addition to soap. Now I am thinking a salt and pepper bar. A salt bar fragranced w/ a black pepper blend.

Thanks ISG....I love That!! What do I have there? About an Oz? I don't have any Jasmine...but I am thinking it would be amazing!!!!

I would just change it into parts. It looks like there are 19 parts so divide one ounce by nineteen and you get about .05 oz per part. To find how much of each to use in an ounce of blend multiple .05 by 1 for black pepper, 10 for sandalwood and so on. If you don't have jasmine, you might try substituting neroli or ylang ylang. I would do the Q-Tip test first before mixing a whole ounce.
The Soap Scent Review forum has several good suggestions for using black pepper e.o. You will probably have to register if you are not already a member.

http://soapscentreview.obisoap.ca/search.php?keywords=black+pepper

black pepper eo is awesome - and - if it's very good, expensive. I use it in my chai tea eo blend lip balm. I like it for lips because it increases circulation, bringing blood to the lips with color, and is an aphrodiasic! 1 part is all that's needed to get a nice "pucker" and "plump" for my customers. I can't reveal my secret recipe, took forever to get it right - not to mention incredibly expensive, but everyone has their own anyway. My suggestion if anyone were to attempt a chai blend - use fo samples first (found out the hard way on that one).
Black pepper eo also blends well with bergamot (I'm from Italy so I'm a bit partial to it), not to mention the obvious spices - coriander, clove, juniper, etc. and even ylang ylang! It's wonderful in salves, for its antiseptic properties. I also love white pepper, it's a little softer, but can disappear in stronger eo notes.

I love the idea of blending it with ylang ylang! I adore YY, but it can be overpoweringly, sickeningly floral if it isn't blended with something with a 'bite', still trying to figure out good blends for it. Black pepper sounds perfect! Great ideas, all!

I would just change it into parts. It looks like there are 19 parts so divide one ounce by nineteen and you get about .05 oz per part. To find how much of each to use in an ounce of blend multiple .05 by 1 for black pepper, 10 for sandalwood and so on. If you don't have jasmine, you might try substituting neroli or ylang ylang. I would do the Q-Tip test first before mixing and whole ounce.
The Soap Scent Review forum has several good suggestions for using black pepper e.o. You will probably have to register if you are not already a member.

http://soapscentreview.obisoap.ca/search.php?keywords=black+pepper

You can also change to percentages.

Anita

I love the idea of blending it with ylang ylang! I adore YY, but it can be overpoweringly, sickeningly floral if it isn't blended with something with a 'bite', still trying to figure out good blends for it. Black pepper sounds perfect! Great ideas, all!

my suggestion for that "bite" would probably be a light citrus - bergamot, palmarosa, ravintsara, nice clean green notes;)

Ohhh bergamot and BP sounds nice! I messed around with my usual patchouli with BP mix and added anise essential oil for a mystical sweet and spicy Halloween scent. Smells amazing!

Latest posts

Back