Black is black

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

Marshall

Reaction score
A short while ago dorittefarm posted this amazing black and red soap made with Carolyn's DragonBlood FO. said it was colored with nature soap mica. An so it began, I have done very little with color and never with micas. The FO I chose for this soap discolors to tan so I thought black and tan would look good. The mica was easy to mix up and went well I think. I bought a sample set from nature so I guess I will be forced to make more soap next weekend to try some of the other colors out :p

20170110_185225.jpg

BeesKnees

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks very nice. Did you pour some remaining black batter on the top, or is it a different color on top? I can't quite tell on my screen.

What type of FO did you put with it? The colors look like a musky, deep scent. Makes me think of leather.

Marshall

Reaction score
It looks very nice. Did you pour some remaining black batter on the top, or is it a different color on top? I can't quite tell on my screen.

What type of FO did you put with it? The colors look like a musky, deep scent. Makes me think of leather.
Poured a little of the black batter on top.

Scented with about 80% BB Santa Spruce and the remaining is BB Cedar and Saffron!
Actually smells really nice so far.

Marshall

Reaction score
Muwahaha! I got Marshall to join the dark side. Colors are just so much fun and that FO blend sounds really nice.
The mica was nice to work with and I am looking forward to what comes to be this weekend. As for the fragrance blend... that was a panicked choice when I found I didn't have as much of the Santa spruce as I thought I did. :)