Black Hawaiian Salt Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SozoArtisanSoaps

Reaction score
This is my salt soap. Thankful for individual cavities :) I freeze it and then pop the soap out and let cure. These are made with coconut oil, olive oil, castor oil, and shea butter with 50% salt. Scented with orange, lavender, and peppermint essential oils.

blackhawaiiansaltsoap.jpg

Saving my "like" click for pics of the unmolded soap. I have been considering doing it myself, but the salt is pretty pricey for soap.
Mix some charcoal with some Pacific sea salt. That is basically what Black Sea Salt is.
I do find butters kill lather in 100% salt bars, but not sure about 50% salt bars.

I only use 5% shea butter and 20% sf. It lathers great with a nice creamy lather. It is one of my best sellers.

Thanks cmhaza, I shall see if I can find a European equivalent but I now know what search keywords to use :) sadly the cost of import duty on anything from the U.S. Combined with postage makes things prohibitively expensive. I long to buy some neon micas too. :(

Saponista, not sure if this would help, but if you want to have the neons sent to me and have me repackage and send them on to you, that would be fine with me. You might be able to avoid the inter (intra? always forget which one, the one *within* the borders) US postage leg if it is a place w/minimum purchase amounts and you meet it. I could just put them in a padded envelope w/bubble wrap, I think they would travel fine.

That's really kind not_ally. I will have a look at how much extra postage it would be for you to send them to me. If they come from a person not a business they can be marked as a 'gift' and are not subject to customs charges.

Thanks cmhaza, I shall see if I can find a European equivalent but I now know what search keywords to use :) sadly the cost of import duty on anything from the U.S. Combined with postage makes things prohibitively expensive. I long to buy some neon micas too. :(

If you know someone over in the UK that has an APO (American Post Office) (usually military people) someone could ship stuff that way and it would be relatively inexpensive because they can use flat rate boxes. That's how I always mailed stuff to my husband when he was in Germany, and how he mailed me things when I lived in London.

No problem, Saponista. Just let me know. I have a bunch of padded envelopes. I sent Lee some tester micas and it was super easy, he just calculated the postage on line based on the weight, sent me a postage label via email (which actually included tracking numbers, so that you and I could both track its progress), all I had to do was put the micas in the envelope, print out the label and stick it on, and put it in the mailbox. I'll try to find the email with that process and send it to you in a PM so that it makes more sense than the above.

Latest posts

Back