black currant concentrate bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurie

Reaction score
I was asking about black currant concentrate awhile ago. I gave it a try. When I had it at trace and ready for the mold it was a pukey green brown color. It reminded me of when you make blueberry muffins and you get that greeny tinge around the blueberries. Chemical reaction, I guess.

Anyway they turned out better than I expected. Kind of woodsy looking. Sorry about the photography.

I don't really have any colors around, so I was trying to think of natural colors I had around. I have tried cocoa. Swirling. It sat on top, like big globs.

Looks like nice soap. I like the earthy colors. I recently tried my first soap with wine in it. Used a real dark burgundy wine at trace and it turned green, looks just like the same green as yours.

Thanks for your comments. Thanks to this forum I decided to do something new other than my normal basic recipe. Chalk Creek, I imagine the effect is pretty much the same as the wine.

Yes, the bars are huge. I am awaiting a 20/40 slab Tog from Paul. So I'm looking forward to that. Hopefully my bars will be a norman size then.

I attempted RTCP today. Seemed easy enough, but there is definitely zap when I touch it with my tongue. They are so creamy looking.

Laurie, it is just about ready for the trip North! You will have it soon. The bars are just short of 2-1/2" in height, 3-3/8" long by however thick you want to pour. If you pour about 1-1/8" thick or so, you will have a full 4 ounce bar or a tad larger after cure.

Paul

Latest posts

Back