Black Cherry Bomb

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Phew! Talk about stroooooong! This is by Nature's Garden and all the reviews say how lovely it is, how popular it is and how much it smells like real black cherries. But it doesn't. It smells like almonds. Well, marzipan to be exact. I dunno whether this is a popular scent in the USA but not so sure it will be the 'best seller' that all the reviewers are claiming it is, here in NZ. I only used it at 50% of the fragrance - adding also some Lime EO, some guava FO, and another scent that is sweet/citrus, but I can't smell those. All I can smell is MARZIPAN.

It will fade som. I think all cherry scents are like almond. Too sweet for some but it still sells, especially to those with a memory of Jergens Lotion.
I hope so. Was gonna call it Cherry Bakewell, but only British folk will know that. Not much here in NZ that smells like cherries or almonds that i can relate it to, other than Marzipan, which is pretty much only on Christmas cake.

I hope so. Was gonna call it Cherry Bakewell, but only British folk will know that. Not much here in NZ that smells like cherries or almonds that i can relate it to, other than Marzipan, which is pretty much only on Christmas cake.
We all know what a Bakewell is now that we’ve watched the Great British Baking Show. 🍰

Back