Bitter Creek Candle Supply

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

math ace

Reaction score
I searched the forum and find references to BCS and BCN (Bitter Creek South or North). These references are from 2018 and before. It looks like there is just now a Bitter Creek Candle supply (not or North or South). It also looks like this company obtained the recipes for some much liked fragrances from a company called Bubbles n' Lights.

I think I want to try this company next. They offer a BAKERS Dozen 13 samplers for $20. I am looking at the following scents:

Basil Sage Mint,
Fresh Squeezed Oranges,
Twigs & Berries,
Wildberry Zinger Tea,
Juniper Breeze Type,
Almond Cherry,
Cupid (Bubbles n' Lights),
Dream Weaver,
Autumn Warmth,
Apples N' Oak Type,
Cucumber Melon,
===============
Cucumber Melon (Bubbles n' Light ver)
Heather,
Lemon,
Mulberry,
Banana,
Bayberry,
Black Cherry,
Blackberry,
Drakkar Type,

Please, share your experiences with the above. From what I've been able to piece together, the fragrances above the dashed line are suppose to be stickers in CP. I can't find any info on the ones below the dashed line and that always makes me nervous!

Yep, looks like their min shipping is $20 per order. That is what rustic escentuals charges too. Neither company will use USPS , which would be cheaper.

I've never tried their FO's but I do get my Vanilla Stabilizer from them. I order several bottles at a time. I think they adjust their shipping if it's less expensive, but can't remember for sure. I only order once a year or two.

Almond Cherry,
Cupid (Bubbles n' Lights),
Check the usage on these two - if I remember correctly one of them is not body safe. If I remember correctly it's Cupid because I was disappointed because that was the better smelling of the two.

Drakkar Type,
Smells amazing, soaps really well at room temps.

For regular orders - not samples - their shipping (to me in the upper Midwest) was really reasonable. You do need to watch which FO's you buy because not all can ship USPS and that's where the higher ship rate comes in. I've ordered a handful of times from them, and every time the next day I've gotten a refund on shipping overcharge. Their shipping calc on the website is a bit outdated I think, so [I assume] they have someone double check what actual shipping is and return the difference. I have this happen every time I order from Lotion Crafter too, btw.

ETA: try their love spell dupe too - it's amazing!

@amd

They don't ship anything USPS anymore. I contacted them to confirm. Also contacted them to confirm shipping amount .. $19 - $20 to ship less than a 1 lb of merchandise.

I've heard so little about them, other than their vanilla stablizer, that I'm hesitant to do anything.

The last time I ordered from them was September, so it's been awhile. Unfortunate. I quite liked them but shipping can be a killer.

I broke down and ordered their vanilla stabilizer, plus a couple of scents to make the shipping worthwhile. The order arrived within one week of the order date - fastest soap supply delivery that I've gotten in a LONG time.

I like to sniff new scents without looking at the label first, just to see if the scent seems true without any preconceived notion of what I'm smelling. Word to the wise: if you also do this, put the vanilla stabilizer aside first so you don't take a big whiff. It so acrid that it could probably be used for smelling salts!

ETA: their Champagne smells really nice OOB. The Strawberry smells very fake, but I got it to mix with the champagne. Not sure I want to do that and potentially ruin a good scent.

Last edited:
I got Irish Whiskey to make a Hot Toddy candle and wow😳....it’s exactly like Jameson. So much like the actual thing that I had a hard time blending it.

I’ve always wanted to tryout more things but never got around to it. I’m curious about their Hinoki FO.

I broke down and ordered their vanilla stabilizer, plus a couple of scents to make the shipping worthwhile. The order arrived within one week of the order date - fastest soap supply delivery that I've gotten in a LONG time.

I like to sniff new scents without looking at the label first, just to see if the scent seems true without any preconceived notion of what I'm smelling. Word to the wise: if you also do this, put the vanilla stabilizer aside first so you don't take a big whiff. It so acrid that it could probably be used for smelling salts!

ETA: their Champagne smells really nice OOB. The Strawberry smells very fake, but I got it to mix with the champagne. Not sure I want to do that and potentially ruin a good scent.
I feel like most strawberry fragrances are like that, but get better in soap. Have you tried putting a couple of drops on a paper towel with the Champagne to see if that makes it any better?

I made the mistake of giving the vanilla stabilizer a big sniff. You could knock someone out doing that!

I am glad I read this; I will be careful when I open the bottle once my order arrives! Not that I ever take a whiff with my nose directly over the bottle; but I do sometimes pre-pour & leave a fragrance out for a while before making soap and the odor does tend to linger.

@AliOop I too have found that most strawberry fragrances smell kind of fake. I have one, I haven't used it yet but it's called Strawberry Jam from WSP. I bought it a couple years ago and it's not bad in the bottle but haven't given it a go. Maybe once I get back to making soap (if I can) I'll give it a go. I had a Strawberry Shortcake that wasn't bad but faded quickly.

@AliOop I too have found that most strawberry fragrances smell kind of fake. I have one, I haven't used it yet but it's called Strawberry Jam from WSP. I bought it a couple years ago and it's not bad in the bottle but haven't given it a go. Maybe once I get back to making soap (if I can) I'll give it a go. I had a Strawberry Shortcake that wasn't bad but faded quickly.
Thank for you that feedback. I'm having trouble motivating myself to try some of the tester scents that I bought, because the Christmas scent was so overpowering and gave me such a headache that I had to send it to a friend's house to cure. She is probably going to give it back bc it is too strong for her, as well. And I used half the recommended amount.

It's such a bummer not being able to use many FOs without a bad reaction.

Nurture Soap's Sugared Strawberry is soooo nice. It's not artificial smelling at all. Our pet mouse, Jorge, loves strawberries. I made a lotion bar using the FO and used it on my hands before handling him. He couldn't stop smelling my hands and tried to nibble on them--he never bites. So if Jorge approves... :D

Last edited:
Does anyone recall how long orders take for delivery when they chose the Spee-Dee Delivery?

Incidentally, those of you who have not ordered because of the high shipping costs, they DO have a cheaper option.
You can calculate the estimated delivery based on weight & zip codes at this link, which is NOT a part of BCN. I found it via Google. It is suggested you add up the weight of your products & add 2 pounds for packaging, when you use the Spee-Dee calculator. Then enter the sender's zip code (BCN's zip code is 54806), then your own.

My calculation estimate was $6.96, but it ended up being $7.13, so not bad for what I ordered, which was a pound of vanilla stabilizer and a few 1 oz size FO's to test out.

Now I just want to know when my order will arrive. I haven't received a confirmation of shipment or a tracking number, although on the site it does say it shipped. I just emailed them how much I am looking forward to my order & a question about why everything on my order (dated 9/14) was still listed as in my cart.

Back