Bit of a boo boo

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noreen Moore

Reaction score
Well it was bound to happen! My colloidal oatmeal soap is sans colloidal oatmeal... I forgot to add it...
Then holy accelerating fragrance oils Bat Man!!! Awwwww!!! AGAIN??? 3rd time now!!! :mad:
This Magnolia Blossom soap is going to be NOT pretty! Oh well! Rustic right? ;)

What fragrance oil did you use and who supplies it? Aside from that, we've all left something out of our soaps at some point. I had to rebatch too recently and before that, I remember forgetting sodium lactate

P and J Trading Co is supplier. Magnolia scent.

Oh yah and I forgot to add the sugar to the aloe gel BEFORE I added lye. Another boo boo. That took a LONG time to dissolve. Actually had to put it in a hot water bath. Oops... Sigh... Live. Learn.

@shunt2011 That site looks promising but I think I agree. That scent might be better for MP. They did not have specific info for CP, from what I saw for that scent but they said it can be used for candles and soap.

Well it was bound to happen! My colloidal oatmeal soap is sans colloidal oatmeal... I forgot to add it...
Then holy accelerating fragrance oils Bat Man!!! Awwwww!!! AGAIN??? 3rd time now!!! :mad:
This Magnolia Blossom soap is going to be NOT pretty! Oh well! Rustic right? ;)
I used to leave the FO out all the time. Now I lay out all the additives in a row at the back of the bench before I start which works for me. You might need some sort of system that works for you. Even having the recipe in front of me doesn’t work for me because I think I know better. :rolleyes::(

I add mine to my oils. Haven't forgotten since I started this. The only time I don't is if it's a bit of a mover and will then stir it in individually as I usually use at least two colors.

I used other oils from them without issue. And really liked the results in my other soaps. This was a bit of a surprise! This was the 1st acceleration with this brand.
Had it on a cheap Walmart oil and another fragrance oil from.??? Mental block on company but it was Irish Spring scent.
So! Maybe have a Crock-Pot on standby next time I soap? Probably a good idea! I just smashed and mushed it in the mold! Not pretty!
Rustic and will still live up to it's duty!

Just used another FO from same company without issue! And now incorporating into oils before adding lye/aloe mixture helps I think. Learning CP on the internet is interesting to say the least! Everyone has their own methods.
I got real brave and made a few fragrance oil concoctions mixing various brands and remnants. And all played well! Even the oils mixture that morphed into a beautiful Ruby red color played well and no red hue at all. My hanger swirls are looking better too!
Yes soap!

Florals tend to accelerate in soap, so while you're learning it's a good idea to stay away from florals, as well as spicy scents (such as cinnamon or clove). Or if you do use them stick to a single color soap, or a layered soap (not adding the FO until you're ready to pour that layer).

Well these are wonderful tips! Absolutely! And I created a monster! OMG!:eek: So my "lovely" blends l mixed? Smelled nice at first! However since unmolding and slicing? What have I done? Probably one of my prettiest hanger swirls and I adore this texture of the soap! However... I had to cover it up! It is obnoxious! Overwhelmingly so! My head has been pounding!
We thinks we are done being playful in the fragrance oil blending!
Maybe this one should cure in the garage. Or in someone's garage like in Siberia! :confused:

Latest posts

Back