Bird seed eggs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I boxed 3 dozen bird seed eggs, and made 3 dozen more. They'll be gifts for friends/family who can decorate indoors and/or feed their outdoor friends. eggs.jpg

@Lin19687 ,
Easy peasy.
- 1/3 cup (about 2 boxes) unflavored gelatin
- 1 and 1/2 cup water
- 8 cups birdseed

Use low heat to dissolve gelatin in water until it is clear. Remove from heat. Add birdseed and stir until it is all coated. Spray hollow plastic eggs with cooking spray. Fill hollow plastic eggs and pack firmly and close. Refrigerate overnight. They unmold easily. Dry on a cooling rack for several days.

If you halve the recipe, it's easier to work with. The mixture dries quickly so you have to work quickly.

I've never used string but give it a try!

Thanks, I will wait till Easter is over to buy the eggs. I think maybe if you put a small hole in the tip of the egg you can put either a Wire or string through it and then make the egg and close. Should stay in there if you twist it inside maybe?

Thanks, I will wait till Easter is over to buy the eggs. I think maybe if you put a small hole in the tip of the egg you can put either a Wire or string through it and then make the egg and close. Should stay in there if you twist it inside maybe?
You might get some unwanted grasses growing in your garden if they dispersed too far in the wind.

You might get some unwanted grasses growing in your garden if they dispersed too far in the wind.
Good thought, but I fed the birds years ago and I was HOPING to get some sprouts in that area.... nothing :( I wonder if they treat it with something so it isn't viable

Latest posts

Back