Bird crazy love story.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunRiseArts

Reaction score
So almost every year on the spring, for some reason, birds built a nest on top of the porch light. My husband always want to take it down, because of the mess, but I would not let him.

So I had this bird chime that broke, and I have no idea who put on of the birds from the chime (made out of clay) on top of the porch light, and I have a bird that have fallen in love with it.

Attachments

• bird porch 2018 (1).jpg
    bird porch 2018 (1).jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 49
  • bird porch 2018 (2).JPG
    bird porch 2018 (2).JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 57
  • bird porch 2018 (3).JPG
    bird porch 2018 (3).JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 45
Your bird friend is adorable, it is such funny behavior I hope you keep us posted on the romance.

Haha, at my old house I had a swallow that nested above my light every year. I was nice and waited until her babies had left the nest before I knocked it down. She'd stay gone until the next spring.

We have little birds try to build nests over our outdoor speakers on the side of the house. My husband shoves plastic shopping bags behind them to try to keep them out. Every once in awhile one will get away with it. It wouldn't be so bad but they poop down the side of the house.

We used to get birds every spring making nests on the ledges of the brick posts supporting the corners our porch roof. There's just enough space for them there and between the eaves to make a nicely hidden, protected home for themselves and their eggs/hatchlings. I didn't mind them so much making their home there because it was always cool to observe the growth of the hatchlings, but hubby grew to mind it very much since he was the one that was in charge of cleaning all the messy bird poop off the bricks and also the patio floor. :eek: One day he just had enough of the poop already and went out and bought bird spikes to deter the spring nest-builders. They work very well. Since putting them up about 5 years ago or so we haven't had a single bird family move in.

IMG_4942BirdSpikes640.JPG

IrishLass :)

You can buy an owl decoy specifically to deter birds from an area. We have one in the tree over our picnic tables at work. They're poop-free all summer long.

Interesting Irishlass, I will check on that and the owl. Now we have them or our apple trees :(

But we have babies! Not sure how that happened..... lol

20180603_075853.jpg

The white bird is the statue ... lol. But nope the babies are not white (actually is a soft green) color looking. As I said .... someone was cheating!

Latest posts

Back