Biggest Batch You've Made at Once?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoneheart

Reaction score
I'm just starting out and I haven't invested yet in a real mold (along with many other things). I'm planning to use a cardboard paper box lined with a garbage bag, one of those that printer paper come in. I'd like to make a large enough batch of soap so that the box is reasonably filled to where I can cut a two inch thick bar.

Anyone know how much soap I need to make? I would think I can get a good idea of how much soap a recipe makes just by looking at how much the ingredients all weigh, with perhaps a small discount for water evaporating.

How long have you been studying various web sites like Kathy Millers for instructions and safety lessons. A person needs a lot of info before you start mixing toxic materials that can be harmful. Once you have read and studied for several months, then ask lots of questions at our forum like. Do your research first, youir soaping experience will be much better! 8) Most of the questions you are asking here are covered at Kathy's site. It's not how much you make, it's how very accurate, down to the last gram, when making soap. Here is the answer you wanted though. Length of mold X's Width of mold, X's height of pour, X's .4 equals how many ounces of oils you need for that recipe.

ETA: Phillip is about right on. 32 ounces of oils will make 9 bars 1-1/8" thick, by 3-1/3" long, by 2-1/4" tall. :)

Paul.... :) :wink:

Back