Beyond ecstatic to have found SMF!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SudsyJurn

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm so glad to have stumbled upon this site! After a couple of visits I decided to join and introduce myself a bit. šŸ˜
My name is Jurnee pronounced like Journey, I'm 24 and live in PA where my husband and I have a little house we're fixing up and 3 goofy cats who keep us laughing.
I've always been very interested in making soap and after much debate (with myself šŸ¤£) I finally decided to go for it.
I made my first batch (a simple Castile soap) about a month ago and I was so happy with how it turned out.
I'm very new to all of this but I'm so excited to keep pushing myself further and to learn and experience all that I can in this wonderful world of soap making. I'm very interested in the art of soap making and hope one day to be able to make amazing master pieces!
Thank you all for being here and for all the help and advice!
J

Hello everyone!

I'm so glad to have stumbled upon this site! After a couple of visits I decided to join and introduce myself a bit. šŸ˜
My name is Jurnee pronounced like Journey, I'm 24 and live in PA where my husband and I have a little house we're fixing up and 3 goofy cats who keep us laughing.
I've always been very interested in making soap and after much debate (with myself šŸ¤£) I finally decided to go for it.
I made my first batch (a simple Castile soap) about a month ago and I was so happy with how it turned out.
I'm very new to all of this but I'm so excited to keep pushing myself further and to learn and experience all that I can in this wonderful world of soap making. I'm very interested in the art of soap making and hope one day to be able to make amazing master pieces!
Thank you all for being here and for all the help and advice!
J
hi, I'm new here too, my name is pronounced la-wu-ra ( say it fast) it's Italian. I found myself making soap because the amount of single-use plastic that went in the bin was upsetting to me. I started to buy bar soap and then my husband suggested I make it. I started with Castile last September and I slowly got more complicated. I've just applied for my certificates so I can start my shop. I love making them. latest batch was coffee and its lush.

hi, I'm new here too, my name is pronounced la-wu-ra ( say it fast) it's Italian. I found myself making soap because the amount of single-use plastic that went in the bin was upsetting to me. I started to buy bar soap and then my husband suggested I make it. I started with Castile last September and I slowly got more complicated. I've just applied for my certificates so I can start my shop. I love making them. latest batch was coffee and its lush.
Hello, I love your name! Are you from Italy as well? Or is that just where your name comes from?
Part of the reason I wanted to make soap was to reduce waste as well, I've been looking into shampoo, conditioner, and lotion bars as well for this same reason.
That is too gunny that you just made a coffee soap, I just made a batch of mocha scrub soap last night. Lol.
Good luck with your certificates!

Hello, I love your name! Are you from Italy as well? Or is that just where your name comes from?
Part of the reason I wanted to make soap was to reduce waste as well, I've been looking into shampoo, conditioner, and lotion bars as well for this same reason.
That is too gunny that you just made a coffee soap, I just made a batch of mocha scrub soap last night. Lol.
Good luck with your certificates!
my father is full, my mum half, so I guess I'm 3/4 lol. I lived there as a child. mine has coffee granules in to add the scrub element. the kids love picking the next bar from the stash.

my father is full, my mum half, so I guess I'm 3/4 lol. I lived there as a child. mine has coffee granules in to add the scrub element. the kids love picking the next bar from the stash.

Cool! I've always wanted to visit Italy. My husband's great, great grandfather came here from Sicily.
I put coffee grounds in mine as well, I'm very interested in seeing how exfoliating it is with the grounds.
Aww thats so nice, I'm sure your kids love that!

I love reading all the funny and informative things going on here too! Iā€™ve learned so much even tho Iā€™m not new to soap making (since about 2004). Plain lye soap was my 1st.

Love SMF and listening to my favs making crazy recipes. Started out w/ plain lye soap for cleaning in ā€˜04, yesterday made catfish soap w/leftover bacon grease, cornmeal, mini pinch of garden bloodmeal. Oh my. Itā€™s pink & smells like bacon. Canā€™t wait to fish!šŸ¤Ŗ

Love SMF and listening to my favs making crazy recipes. Started out w/ plain lye soap for cleaning in ā€˜04, yesterday made catfish soap w/leftover bacon grease, cornmeal, mini pinch of garden bloodmeal. Oh my. Itā€™s pink & smells like bacon. Canā€™t wait to fish!šŸ¤Ŗ
Oh that is interesting. I've never even heard of catfish soap. I agree I have been non-stop reading post after post and I feel like I've learned more from this forum in the past day or so than all of the books I've read.
I also agree that some of the posts are very funny to read! Haha.

As soon as I fish Iā€™ll report my findings.
Yes, please do. I did a Google search to see what it was all about and its very interesting. When you say plain lye soap what exaclty do you use in that? Is it like a lard soap or something else?

Back