Better pourerrer thingy for my oil?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stakie

Reaction score

Just got a nice new container of olive oil. Yay! However, what I didn't think about is how I am going to pour out of the container without getting 20 oz all over myself and the table.

Does anyone know if there is a 'lip' extension I can use for pouring out of a jug like this? Any ideas? I would greatly appreciate any input!

(Sorry if I posted in the wrong spot!)

Poke a hole on the lid opposite the pour spout. That will allow air in and the oil to pour out smoothly. Whenever I get a large container like this, I pour it into smaller, more manageable bottles.

KattOBRN

You won't have a problem with it. The is a bit of ring you pull from the cap and lifts a plastic spout for easy pouring. You need to pull hard because its airtight in the tin. You will see when you do it ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

The spout part needs to be pulled out from the can. There should be ring parts on the cap that you lift up to unscrew it. Lift them up but with the cap screwed on tightly and pull hard. The spout will pop up and I like Kattobrn's idea of poking a hole in the top of the can. I buy these cans all the time and hate the mess they make when trying to pour the oil so thanks for that.

I was fortunate enough, the person I buy my OO from, gave me a pump that just goes into the can and I pump it into a smaller container!! Thank goodness, maybe see if you can get something like that though

I use a new hand pump you use to pump kerosene into a heater. Just for OO.

Back