Beta Test New Soap Calculator

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had a bit of a play with it and I have a question. You have a property there that I don't quite understand. You are listing "Rancid". How do we translate that number? I see a bit of a learning curve to understanding a couple of terms but it does overall look good and the numbers compare well to my SoapMaker program.

Nice job. I'm going to enjoy seeing how this progresses.

My rancid score is simply based upon the fatty acid makeup. I might toy with the scores a bit to adjust for superfat since that obviously has a tremendous impact on the soap properties. The charts allow a more accurate range showing a basic bell curve for all of the different properties to see how your recipe compares. Lots to do! :)

I think it's a great start too. I had some questions which I inboxes you about, but it looks good and functions as expected.

For those of you with access. It will be done for sometime while I install a versioning system(git).

Justin

I finally have my versioning all set up and ready to go with a stable version and a development version. It is open to all at this point. You can leave feedback here or in the comments on the site.

A little background... my wife runs a soap shop. I am going back to school for computer science. Ultimately I want to end up with an app that can work as a touch screen(ipad,android tablet) to track everything my wife needs from room temperature to batch cost and possibly schedule batches based upon sales. We will see how far I get...

http://www.soapmath.com/calc/

Latest posts

Back