Best way to ship soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mir 22

Reaction score
What do you all think is the best, most inexpensive way to ship soap?

(Including soap wrapped in cello bags...don't want them to get smushed!)

Thanks!

Mir

I wrap mine my bubble wrap.

b42e3734.jpg

you can use popcorn as the packing peanuts and wrap them in tissuepaper or something similar!

zaja~ pretty soaps. I really like your paper. Bubble wrap definitely seems wise. thank you.

Ian~ thanks!

Just a suggestion:

When you get your order of soaping supplies delivered to your house, save the styrofoam peanuts, then reuse them when you ship out stuff. I bet most people throw that stuff away.

I store the styrofoam peanuts in the plastic bags I get from the supermarket. Put them in a bag, tie a loose knot, then put the bag in another bag and tie another loose knot. Then I store the bags in my garage until I need them. If my supply starts building up I stop saving more.

Talk about frugality, me recycling my styrofoam peanuts... ;)

I have gallons of peanuts from orders. I keep all of the packing materials. I buy very little. :D

Yes, I always save just about all of my packaging materials from suppliers! I always wrap my soaps in bubble wrap, and package them in bubble wrapped envelopes with peanuts or boxes with peanuts :)

Ah good. I'm not the only frugal person here. Perhaps a few newibes will learn frugality from my suggestion to save styrofoam peanuts. I've been doing that for about 10 years, since my first Internet business in the late '90s.

Mir 22 said:
zaja~ pretty soaps. I really like your paper. Bubble wrap definitely seems wise. thank you.

Ian~ thanks!

Thank you :D I am the frugal queen. I even save the bubble wrap the supplies use, and I save the boxes so that I can use them myself to ship orders. Empty bottles get used for something else. I would probably never use popcorn because it still takes energy to make it, and all I see is my package being ravaged by mice and other vermin while on the truck or a plane headed to its location.) I personally think that was Lush's worse idea yet as far as going green.

zajanatural said:
Mir 22 said:

Ian~ thanks!

Thank you :D I am the frugal queen. I even save the bubble wrap the supplies use, and I save the boxes so that I can use them myself to ship orders. Empty bottles get used for something else. I would probably never use popcorn because it still takes energy to make it, and all I see is my package being ravaged by mice and other vermin while on the truck or a plane headed to its location.) I personally think that was Lush's worse idea yet as far as going green.

That does sound yucky?

Those styro peanuts are excellent protection, not only to keep things from being bumped around, but they also insulate from heat and cold extremes. BUT -- these days some of them are made of a biodegradable starch, but most of them still aren't. I try my hardest to continue to recycle and reuse because the longer we can circulate them and keep them out of the landfill, the better. Plus, have you looked at the price lately? Unbelievable!

We've done a little packing with shredded paper at work lately. We shred office paper and junk mail anyway, might as well give it a second life.

I started recycling the packing materials I get from suppliers, as well. Drives my husband crazy. LOL Since we live in a small, mobile home. But, hey, like you guys said...it does save a lot of $. I remember, recently buying all my small boxes, packing peanuts, rolls of bubble wrap from the store. It may seem like it's just pocket change at the time...but it all adds up. And the more you can recycle, the more you can pass those savings onto your customers, too! I wrap mine in tissue paper, tie with ribbon, wrap in bubble wrap (usually recycled from a previous package I received) and nestle it into a recycled/reused box...of recycled shredded paper. I tend to prefer the shredded paper over the foam peanuts. The paper doesn't stick to everything. LOL But I also have ample amount of shredded paper, 3 families (all related shred our paper at my parents home). No one has use for it, except me. :p

Back