Best way to get earthy colors in M&P

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sakura1024

Reaction score
Hi all! I really appreciate all the help you guys have given me since I started soaping! I made some fabulous Pink Grapefruit Goat's Milk soap with pink Hymalayan Sea Salt for Christmas presents and everyone really seemed to like them.

What I want to know now is how to get that lovely tan color or the earthy greens and browns in MP soap? I don't want to have unnatural colors (no offense to those who use those colors - it's just not what I'm looking for right now) like hot pink or electric blue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Clays work well in coloring. Some fo's will turn your mp different colors, like brown or yellow.

You will probably want to start out with a white base so the color you add gets muted or toned down.

I use Goat's milk base. Just out of curiosity, what are the best clays? I haven't used them or done any research on them yet. I want to make a shaving soap that requires clay, so it'll be beneficial to know for that as well.

Back