Best Wax for Melts

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miniaturemeltdown

Reaction score
Hi, I’m just starting out making wax melts in snap bars like chocolate bars in silicone moulds . I’m just wondering what type of wax you all use? Iv used ecosoy cb advanced but it seems to stick in the corners of the moulds and doesn’t look great. Iv also experimented with a vegetable wax blend but the scent throw isn’t great but they looks so much better!! Help!!!!

It depends tbh. Paraffin generally gives the best throw but there is more than one soy wax, plus it can get affected by how much fragrance you use. Have you tried the other brands?

It depends tbh. Paraffin generally gives the best throw but there is more than one soy wax, plus it can get affected by how much fragrance you use. Have you tried the other brands?

I definitely want to stick with Soy and not paraffin but rather than buy a ton of different ones, I’m wondering if there’s anyone with experience in making Melts can recommend a type and brand. Xx

Have tried most of them at some point - had good results with the old cb135 and its replacement (q210???) but I did notice that the problem would recur after time, regardless of which soy blend I used. My experience over several years was dont overdo the fragrance load, clean the mould thoroughly after every use (they seem to get a build up in the corners over time) and dont unmould too soon.

I know exactly the problem you're having and the unpredictability is a real pain.

For throw and consistency, I like palm for melts more than either paraffin or soy. Personally I don't like soy at all. It's too finicky and I can never get consistent results., so I just really don't use soy in any of my applications.

Eco soya pillar blend is what I use. It is hard enough and gives enough shrinkage to get it out of the mould and gives a good scent throw. Maximum fragrance load is 12%.

Back