Best super clear m&p base?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mishmish

Reaction score
I've been using the WSP Crystal Clear which is clear but it tends to cloud after a couple of weeks, and I wondered if there's a better alternative? I use it for embeds and the clarity is important. I also think that the Crystal Clear doesn't create abundant lather.

This isn't always really clear in the container, but always goes clear and stays clear after heating. Is gentle on the skin and takes additives very well. Main thing is do not overheat it, or you will not get the smell out of your soaping equipment.

It is relabelled by our supplier but I am certain its Stephensons, below is the product listing details for it from rangeproducts.com.au

Clear Melt & Pour Soap Base SLES/SLS Free
A vegetable based soap that contains no Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate or MPG
pH 9.5 to 10.5
INCI List: Aqua, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Laurate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Oleate, Sodium Myristrate, Sodium Chloride, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Glyceryl Laurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium Iminodisuccinate, Tetrasodium Etidronate

Hope that helps!

What I like most about EBC products is that you can order a sample size of just about anything they offer, including MP soap bases. I've purchased many of their trial sizes. It's a great cost-saver if you don't like the product and great if you do. I used to buy all my containers there because a choice of caps comes with the bottles/jars. I don't know if they still do that? It's a good company to do business with. One caution: Always check to be sure the order is correct as soon as it arrives. I've had more caps than bottles, or vice versa more than once. They are quick to make it right, though. :thumbup:

Stephenson SLES/SLS. Like JoeyJ wrote, it's not clear in the tub, but it is clear after melting and pouring.

Latest posts

Back