Best Soap Cutter 🤔

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ves

Reaction score
I've wasted money recently on some bad soap cutter choices. I think I need to invest in a good one.
Can you recommend a good soap cutter in the UK
Many Thanks

Cheese cutter works well. I glued a cut skewer on the end to make a 1” stopper.

Ignore the dirty nails. I was working in the garden lol.

A904D844-9664-4640-B739-414646E33C7A.jpeg
47E11EF2-9A71-4620-8594-ABEEF8B91394.jpeg

Last edited:
I got a single bar cutter on etsy that came from russia. Took forever but I love it, all stainless and adjustable.
The only thing I don't like is the wire seems a bit thin. I'll be ordering guitar G string when I need a new one

https://www.etsy.com/listing/687539504/soap-cutter-soap-cutter-single-wire-with?ref=yr_purchases
Replacing with a G string is a great tip thank you.

Cheese cutter works well. I glued a cut skewer on the end to make a 1” stopper.

Ignore the dirty nails. I was working in the garden lol.

View attachment 59107View attachment 59108
That's a good idea. Thank you

I brought from this
Replacing with a G string is a great tip thank you.
I brought from this seller as well, although i ordered mine last year in April it took 6 months but then had i ordered about 2 weeks before it would have arrived much sooner, the seller was fabulous and wanted to refund me but i told him i had a dream and one day it would be on my porch and sure enough it was. And i live in New Zealand so it doesnt matter what part of the world you live in we just have to be more patient than ever these days.

what three cutters did you buy,if you don't mind me asking? so i know what NOT to get? :p

I got one from TSK Quality Wooden Soap Cutter the issue here is that its really hard to pull the wire taut enough to cut all the way through the bar. Its not awful though and I use it the most. Its simple enough to replace the wire.

Then I got two from ebay. In both cases the price should have given me a clue I guess. Both of these are useless. There's nothing to hold the soap in place so even the best cuts end up wonky and the mechanism to keep the wire in place is fundamentally flawed. I bought two because I am a dumbass who forgot I'd already ordered one. The wire broke on one after about 4 slices of a loaf. They're similar to this: Wooden Silicone Soap Loaf Cutting Mold and Soap Cutter Wire Slicer, for DIY Soap/Cake/Chocolate Making Tools

Mine is from Bud Haffner. He has a shop on Etsy: Buds Woodshop by budhaffner.

I've had it a couple of years now and love it! I broke a string once, but he sends extra pre-cut string with the cutter and it was easy to restring. That is the only problem I have had with it, and have cut hundreds of batches.

I bought mine from Nurture Soap and I'm really happy with it. They sent a spare wire.
In terms of shipping they offered me 3 different shipping prices and I chose the cheapest which I felt was a good price for shipping to Australia, considering it's a bulky item. I also added some Micas , and the shipping was a few dollars more.
I had requested quotes from 2 other companies (USA) that sell cutters and the cost of shipping was the same as the cutters, if not more.

My cutter arrived in under 2 weeks, in perfect condition.

I had looked at Etsy , the shipping for the cutters ( and lots of other items) is prohibitively expensive to Australia. Also Bud"s , highly recommended by lots of soapers, was on leave at the time.

I hope this helps.

I've wasted money recently on some bad soap cutter choices. I think I need to invest in a good one.
Can you recommend a good soap cutter in the UK

I would talk to Lisa at I Dream in Soap, Tiggy at Future Primitive Soaps or Karen at Edens Secret. They are very helpful and are all in the UK.

Back