Best single bar soap cutters?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goat soap rulz!

Reaction score
i am about to get my first soap cutter!!! I'm so excited! But i have no idea which one to get!! Lots of people like the buds soap cutters on Etsy i know. Any thing you reccomend that will last a long time and is really good? Thank yall so much! Im so excited!

I posted this elsewhere. Good luck on your purchase!
A lot of folks on here like the one from Bud's which was a bit out of my budget. I did a lot of research but kept finding shipping costs doubling the price. Then I found and bought this one with reasonable shipping, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PHZKC6D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 .
I believe it's the same as @SPowers. I too am a hobbyist but LOVE my cutter, it makes me feel professional. Keep us posted on your final selection!

I have two cutters. I have the one @Zing has but the wire tended to move a little and make a wave in the soap. So I decided to go with an all metal cutter. Best decision I made since I started soaping. I got the single bar cutter from nurture soap and I love. It is built so well and the handle is weighted just right that it almost makes the cut for you. It is powder coated and there's no exposed metal to rust on you. I wanted the multiple bar cutter but they were out so I got the single. It is a little pricey and I live close enough to pick it up from the store so I didn't pay for shipping but I think the shipping is free. It is $158 but if you can afford it, I highly recommend it.

The only down side is that it will only hold a 9 inch loaf by itself. If you have bigger molds than that, you will need to buy the extension.

https://nurturesoap.com/products/single-soap-cutter

I use a Rocking pizza cutter. It doesn't do much for pizza, but it's fantastic for cutting soap!

I have one of those, too, which I bought it specifically to cut loaves from a slab mold. Later on I bought a wire loaf cutter. With the wire cutter I can get uniform measurements, but my skills with a knife are better left to chopping veggies into uneven bits, as I have no precision skills with any blade. It's just a fact of life I learned to accept.

I also use Bud's single wire cutter for soap. I've been using it for some time now, and what I like about it over the multi-bar cutters I have, is that I can vary the size and dimensions of my bars with it whereas that is not possible with the others.

but my skills with a knife are better left to chopping veggies into uneven bits, as I have no precision skills with any blade. It's just a fact of life I learned to accept.
Ughh i can totally relate!

Well it came in the mail yesterday along with a bunch of BB stuff!! And my mom let me have it a little early, and I absolutely love it! I have only cut one loaf, because the other one I had saved was 3-4 days old and I was afraid it would be too hard. I made another soap today and I am so excited to cut it tomorrow (lets face it, I'm CPOPing it right now so hopefully I can cut it by at least tonight LOL!) i will definitley share pics of the bars, because i think it turned out beautifully!!

I started with a cheese slicer that I modified with a dowel on the long edge to keep the loaf from sliding. I'd probably still be using it, except I ran across someone who was selling a Bud's original and was able to snap it up.

I don't always cut my soap right away...I've left my soap in a mold for a week and still cut it just fine...just need to push down a little slower.

My husband had a mitre box laying around for 20 years and modified it to allow my hand cutters to go down easily. One end is the curvey blade, and the other is for the straight blade. He put stops at the ends, and the cuts 1" from them. It may be one bar at a time, but my knife just wasn't cutting the mustard hahaha

My husband had a mitre box laying around for 20 years and modified it to allow my hand cutters to go down easily. One end is the curvey blade, and the other is for the straight blade. He put stops at the ends, and the cuts 1" from them. It may be one bar at a time, but my knife just wasn't cutting the mustard hahaha

Joyce, I used a mitre box for awhile and it was fine. Here's a tip if you haven't thought of it yet, that might be something you could use: I used a plastic place mat, cut to a length & width to fit into the mitre box so that I could slide the soap smoothly along the bottom of the box. The flexible plastic cutting sheets (for chopping food) can also be used, but the dinner place mats are even cheaper and work just as well.

Thats what I use but I can’t cut a straight soap to save my life! Lol so I too am looking for a single bar cutter

Back