Best silicone liner available

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cal43

Reaction score
What’s the best silicone liner 4-5 lbs brand for sale that you would recommend?

I only use Nurture Soap. I originally purchased just the liners (2) and my ex-husband built the wood mold for them to fit. I eventually ended up purchasing just the basic mold/liner (7.5 lb) whe she ran them on special. I have 9 molds now and they are excellent quality and have held up great. I've had 6 of them for years now.

I only use Nurture Soap. I originally purchased just the liners (2) and my ex-husband built the wood mold for them to fit. I eventually ended up purchasing just the basic mold/liner (7.5 lb) whe she ran them on special. I have 9 molds now and they are excellent quality and have held up great. I've had 6 of them for years now.
Wow that’s great to know. I plant to build the mold for them also. Can you show a picture of the mold that was built around them?

I agree with the others. The quality of Nurture Soap silicon molds is hard to beat. Their wood and silicon combos are the best.
Lovely !!

Wow, the Nurture Soap molds are expensive. $85 vs $20 at Bramble Berry.
Remember, you get what you pay for. When I started Nurture wasn’t around. I purchased 6 of BB liners and again my husband built the wood boxes for them. Those liners were so thin and wouldn’t stand up well and they easily stretched. Nurtures quality is hands down better than BB.

Last edited:
Brambleberry's liners are much thicker than they used to be. I find they are quite durable. Now I'm moving on to test workshop heritage because of their bigger mold sizes.

You are comparing apples and oranges though. The $85 dollar price is for Nurture's Premium 5 lb mold, which includes the wood mold with removable sides, the silicone liner and a cover. The $20 price is for the BB silicone liner only.

Brambleberry's liners are much thicker than they used to be. I find they are quite durable. Now I'm moving on to test workshop heritage because of their bigger mold sizes.

yes, they are thicker but also make smaller bars of soap. But still nowhere near the quality of Nurture. I ordered some as I still have the molds.

@Cal43 they are exactly the same as the Nurture basic molds except I have wooden lids that sit on top.

Like @dibbles said, you are probably looking at Nurture's complete set that includes the wood box, cover, etc. If you want just a liner and plan to make your own boxes, they offer a 4.5 lb mold liner for $20.99. They also offer standalone 10" silicone loaf molds for $14.50, and a 12" tall and skinny silicone loaf mold for $21.50.

I have the 5# Nurture Soap mold and can attest to the fact that they are indeed high quality. At one point I had a problem with the liner warping from ??... (soap gelled at too high a temperature?). and all I did was run it under hot water and put it back into the mold to re-shape it.

yes, they are thicker but also make smaller bars of soap. But still nowhere near the quality of Nurture. I ordered some as I still have the molds.

@Cal43 they are exactly the same as the Nurture basic molds except I have wooden lids that sit on top.
Cool, thank you

Like @dibbles said, you are probably looking at Nurture's complete set that includes the wood box, cover, etc. If you want just a liner and plan to make your own boxes, they offer a 4.5 lb mold liner for $20.99. They also offer standalone 10" silicone loaf molds for $14.50, and a 12" tall and skinny silicone loaf mold for $21.50.
I just purchased the BB 12" tall and skinny. Its been 9 days and it still hasn't shipped. I'm a very handy guy so building wood molds shouldn't an issue.

Another vote for Nurture here. I love their molds and silicone, and use both. I have some from WSH as well, and I like those for the fiddly embed tops that I don’t want to squish too much unmolding, but I do not think they will hold up like the Nurture ones do, and I baby them accordingly.

Back