Best Sandalwood FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chlobue

Reaction score
I have a customer who wants sandalwood FO. She spent 20 yrs. in the Middle East so she knows what it smells like(I haven't a clue!!!) She doesn't want a blend - just straight sandalwood. Can somebody give me a suggestion??
TIA

Chris

It seems to me that the best choice might be an EO, not a FO. I expect the FOs would be only approximations of the authentic scent.

Greg

I have a friend who back packs all over the world. She once asked for a "straight" sandalwood to remind her of all the places she's been. After having her smell about 10 different ones, I finally found a good one!

Asian Sandalwood from Peaks Candle Supply.

You can get a one oz sample for I think $2.50. Hope that helps some!

I ordered a small amount from Symphony Scents and soaped it. It really is interesting. I've had people say they smelled a note of pepper. Someone else said rose. I have nothing else to compare it to so I guess it's a pretty sandalwood. It sticks. This was one of my first crinkle cuts I was so crazy about and in hindsight I don't think the cut matches an exotic scent like that at all.

Back