Best Red for CP?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to make some holiday soaps and am wondering if anyone has found a good, true red for CP soaps.
It seems to me, that someone made a recommendation a couple of years ago, but I can't find it.
Has anyone tried Really Red Mica by Nuture soaps?

I'm getting ready to make some holiday soaps and am wondering if anyone has found a good, true red for CP soaps.
It seems to me, that someone made a recommendation a couple of years ago, but I can't find it.
Has anyone tried Really Red Mica by Nuture soaps?

Oh yes - I have a good amount of it. I think it works really well.

I got what at that time called brick red, an oxide from BB I think, now they call it Americana red.
Here's what it looked like in my holiday soaps:

003.jpg

002.jpg

Those are both really lovely shades of red. Thanks to both of you guys for posting to show the gelled/ungelled difference. I can't believe I have not yet bought any Nurture micas given the raves. ****, soaping is expensive.

Thank you all for the recommendations! I didn't realize there were so many choices as a couple of years ago, a good true red seemed to be illusive. The pictures really help and are beautiful. I was on the hunt for red, but now I see I need to try a new TD! not_ally you are correct in that soaping is expensive, but it keeps me off the streets!

Latest posts

Back